Ranger Adblue Issues?

PeteB

30 minutes ago, difflock said:

Ah, but, I understand the MOT blokes look for the full display of warning lights when the ignition is switched on, before starting the vehicle, and then check they extinguish after starting. Or they should.

My mate Slippery Jim would get it through, so I'm told.?‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, difflock said:

Ah, but, I understand the MOT blokes look for the full display of warning lights when the ignition is switched on, before starting the vehicle, and then check they extinguish after starting. Or they should.

The bastard !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, difflock said:

I would never have a dodgy MOT to get a dangerous vehicle to pass but nor would I take a vehicle to a MOT station that failed it for a stupid light on the dash. Especially one that didn't know why the light was on

35 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

I would never have a dodgy MOT to get a dangerous vehicle to pass but nor would I take a vehicle to a MOT station that failed it for a stupid light on the dash. Especially one that didn't know why the light was on

They don't have the discretion to make that decision anymore. If you have warning lights then they have to fail the vehicle... If they don't adhere to the rules they can be fined and stopped from having the MOT facility..

• Like 1

Update!!! Motoring God's aren't with me!

I got put in the spare Ranger, it had the engine rebuilt after the pre Christmas episode and had thousand miles of light work! The following morning, a foreign driver reversed in to it at an island!!! Minor damage but still a PITA!

The garage ring, Ford's finest came out and spent 5 hours with the local chaps. With the tank on the floor, they got it to read 100%, in the car it would only read 67%. A duff measuring system was blamed. One is on order to be fitted. Cost this time is estimated to be £750, and the local chap is down 5 hours labour which he doesn't want to charge us but Ford won't pay out on! If this doesn't work, they tell me that it could be a couple of days removing and checking all the wiring at massive cost!!!

Ford Relationship Centre deny that the first visit for misreading AdBlue is anything to do with them. All very disappointing and doesn't really make me want to give them my vote!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PeteB said:

Ford's finest came out and spent 5 hours with the local chaps. With the tank on the floor, they got it to read 100%, in the car it would only read 67%. A duff measuring system was blamed. One is on order to be fitted. Cost this time is estimated to be £750, and the local chap is down 5 hours labour which he doesn't want to charge us but Ford won't pay out on!

Perhaps your only hope is finding others with the same problem and joining in a class action

13 hours ago, PeteB said:

Update!!! Motoring God's aren't with me!

I got put in the spare Ranger, it had the engine rebuilt after the pre Christmas episode and had thousand miles of light work! The following morning, a foreign driver reversed in to it at an island!!! Minor damage but still a PITA!

The garage ring, Ford's finest came out and spent 5 hours with the local chaps. With the tank on the floor, they got it to read 100%, in the car it would only read 67%. A duff measuring system was blamed. One is on order to be fitted. Cost this time is estimated to be £750, and the local chap is down 5 hours labour which he doesn't want to charge us but Ford won't pay out on! If this doesn't work, they tell me that it could be a couple of days removing and checking all the wiring at massive cost!!!

Ford Relationship Centre deny that the first visit for misreading AdBlue is anything to do with them. All very disappointing and doesn't really make me want to give them my vote!

There really needs to be an emoji for someone banging their head against a wall!