Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

16 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

The converted always make the best preachers eh?

They sure do. I saw the light with the Multione, the Sherpa is just for little jobs but even then it more than pays it's way in labour savings.

Actually, if anything, the Sherpa saves more money. The Multione gives you another, more efficient way to do tasks that you'd usually machinery for, such as a digger and dumper. The Sherpa saves actual labour, and therefore cold hard cash.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Opico Skidster Mini Loader Full Refurb with forks bucket grab and sweeper at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery...

good mate is selling his Opico

with the extra weight he has added, it'll lift so much for its size 

PM me if u want his details

Edited by Stihl123
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

That’s why I bought a loader Mick.

11 years too late….

I sub to my mates Treevolution, but at £300.

They know what a mini loader can, and more importantly, can’t, do.

They do me favours as well though.

Anyone who knows the value they can bring could swallow £400.

Just need to make some friends that are tree surgeons. 

Maybe £350 is more realistic. 

Edited by treevolution
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, treevolution said:

Just need to make some friends that are tree surgeons. 

Maybe £350 is more realistic. 

When I was in the UK I had a mate with whom I used to work, in fairness we’ve been friends since we were 11.

He had better work than me usually. When I worked for him he would honestly tell me when he had good money on a job and reward me better.

If it was tight I’d help him a bit on price.

It all evened out.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

When I was in the UK I had a mate with whom I used to work, in fairness we’ve been friends since we were 11.

He had better work than me usually. When I worked for him he would honestly tell me when he had good money on a job and reward me better.

If it was tight I’d help him a bit on price.

It all evened out.

I work for over 10 years with a guy and became good friends and did similar to what you were saying. 

As time went on I wanted to press ahead with the business but he wanted to stay the same which started to causes friction between us and once I took on an employee it all went pair shape and we stopped working together and didn't speak for 4 years which was a real shame. 

We finally got back in contact and work with each other here and there which I'm really glad happen. 

I get on well with everyone I work with now as we are all on the same wavelength but I do enjoy a day a week on my own. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, treevolution said:

I work for over 10 years with a guy and became good friends and did similar to what you were saying. 

As time went on I wanted to press ahead with the business but he wanted to stay the same which started to causes friction between us and once I took on an employee it all went pair shape and we stopped working together and didn't speak for 4 years which was a real shame. 

We finally got back in contact and work with each other here and there which I'm really glad happen. 

I get on well with everyone I work with now as we are all on the same wavelength but I do enjoy a day a week on my own. 

I kept putting my climbing rate up to him as I was earning more and more on my own work.

Then (as a consequence) he hired a full time climber and I was frozen out, but business is business, it forced me to go 100% independent. Except for the odd job where I came in on his work with machinery and my own groundy.

One of my subbies had a different style of loader but of same value to the ones on this thread. He was relatively cheap at £50 plus his day rate.

he was happier to be using his machine rather than body/climb and I’d use him/it far more often, even if it was just for a stem or two a day. 
had it been £100 a day I’d have probably used him/it 75% less

• Like 2

i charge an extra of around half of what another hired in labourer would cost for the day to come with the machine - more if its full on day to cover extra fuel - i use aspen 4 so that's maybe £2.80 / 35kr a ltr but on some contracts i have to use it so. Charge more for bringing boards to make a road etc.  The machine can easily do the work of more than two groundies in day in the right situation and save everyone's backs - I've found those who do the work more keen to hire me in than those companies where its the boss in the office who only looks at his profits / numbers. 

• Like 1

... but mostly i use it on my own jobs and as much as i can...  - Even if its just for holding up branch wood for logging up - saves the back... and knees from flying chogs. 

I reckon its easily saved me  3 days x 1 man labour hire this week and the subbies i use to help with the climbing are always happy to see the wee machine on my trailer when i get to site. 

IMG_20230421_125758_8.jpg

IMG_20230421_161705_1.jpg

IMG_20230420_094507_0.jpg

IMG_20230419_095644_0.jpg

IMG_20230419_140246_4.jpg

• Like 7