Am I a world class grump?

Big J

43 minutes ago, Big J said:

After a bracing walk with the kids to help release an owl that we found a month ago near to our forestry site (a young tawny own, bruised leg and eye infection, a month with a bird sanctuary and it's fine), we popped to McDonalds on the way back.

On pulling up, we noticed a new VW Polo sat in the car park with the music far too loud. Crap music too. As we walked past, I saw (from the passenger window) a cup come flying out. I immediately charged over to the car, opened the door and bollocked the young couple (less than 20 yrs old) and insisted the young wench go pick up her litter. They weren't impressed but she did it. 

I'm just wondering if I've progressed to the final stage of grumpy old man, complete with forestry worker enhancement? ?

I just can't imagine any other reaction to that sort of behaviour. I absolutely detest littering. There are bins everywhere in a McDs carpark. Not that there is ever an excuse, but when surrounded by bins it's staggering! ?

This is my favourite post on Arbtalk, sounds like the perfect day to me!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

When you engage strangers in these situations, like in road rage, you’re taking a chance.

Get lucky and you’ll get someone like me, reasonable and unlikely to kick off.

Draw the short straw and things can turn ugly very quickly.

Ask Kenneth Noye.

(not defending him, just pointing out the guy who just pushed in front of you might be an expert in origami)

The Kenneth Noye incident was not all that was reported in the press.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m very much the same Andy, love all sorts.

I must admit most garage-hip-grime-oooshh-ooosh-ooosh stuff these days doesn’t do a lot for me, but a good tune is a good tune.

J, you might well be a world class grump, but what you did today was spot on.

Littering is one of the only things that can bring down the red mist for me.

It’s utterly disgusting and as easy to avoid doing as actually doing.

Anyone throwing stuff around needs bringing up, whatever it takes.

Fuck Kenny Noye, I’d have banged him out for throwing his knife away.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I saw KoL at Glastonbury when they headlined 2008.  They were so good I took the missus the Brixton Academy to see them that December.  Awesome live performances.

KoL used to come to T in the Park every summer. Must have seen then about 5 times now. Since Youth and Young manhood when all my mates thought they where weird. :D Walls is ok but Mechanical Bull was really a good album. Beautiful war and temple are me and my brothers favorite songs on that album. Between KoL and Mumford and Sons we down a few bottle of whisky when we meet up. :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

When you engage strangers in these situations, like in road rage, you’re taking a chance.

Get lucky and you’ll get someone like me, reasonable and unlikely to kick off.

Draw the short straw and things can turn ugly very quickly.

Ask Kenneth Noye.

(not defending him, just pointing out the guy who just pushed in front of you might be an expert in origami)

Quite right.

But....

Nine times out of ten You’ll get away with it in rural Devon, try opening a strangers car door in a metropolitan area and you’re closer to evens for going home in a box. 

I bet the guys on the tree gang that were set about by ax wielding bastards would think twice before getting involved again. 

• Like 2