Am I a world class grump?

Big J

1 minute ago, Jack.P said:

At least the littering kids were taught some sort of lesson.i had similar experience earlier in the year but there kids dropped all there junk food wrappers out there car window in front of where we were working we politely said pick it up there is a bin bit further up the road up the road but became clear they didn’t care  .we throw it back through there window and they threw it out again .

No respect:cursing:

We had an issue with young scrotes coming down our lane riding and throwing out the used johnnies along with the occasional joint butt and empty cans.
They wouldn't even bother to go somewhere away from their own locality, wasn't hard to find out who it was once we had seen the cars involved.
The father of one of the young girls in question was unimpressed when I presented him with a bag of what her and her new boyfriend had left behind on my property. Haven't had any problems with them since.
In general the countryside is treated like a dumping ground by some. Its sickening. Makes a real eyesore out of otherwise nice places.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our very minor back road was being used as a dumping ground for drink and take away shit. Obviously on the way home. By chance I spotted the local car ridding itself of its crap one summers evening. Gathered up a big bagful from the roadside and deposited it back into their garden at 3 am. Have since noticed a slight improvement[emoji3]

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

Our very minor back road was being used as a dumping ground for drink and take away shit. Obviously on the way home. By chance I spotted the local car ridding itself of its crap one summers evening. Gathered up a big bagful from the roadside and deposited it back into their garden at 3 am. Have since noticed a slight improvementemoji3.png

Now if I did something like that, I'd get caught and end up in court for fly-tipping.

Not sure grumpy old man, just decent behaviour... I think...?

I had one recently where a young couple were sat in their car out the back of my house, I pulled up in my van and thought it a bit odd. Sat there sending a text and saw him get out and fling a pizza box into the bushes. I jumped out, stormed over, called him a 'minky little s***' and made him go into the brambles to retrieve it. I'm still in my 20's, just ?

I was a little concerned for my tires and paint work though...

• Like 3

On 12/11/2019 at 12:26, Baldbloke said:

Our very minor back road was being used as a dumping ground for drink and take away shit. Obviously on the way home. By chance I spotted the local car ridding itself of its crap one summers evening. Gathered up a big bagful from the roadside and deposited it back into their garden at 3 am. Have since noticed a slight improvementemoji3.png

18 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Not sure grumpy old man, just decent behaviour... I think...?

I had one recently where a young couple were sat in their car out the back of my house, I pulled up in my van and thought it a bit odd. Sat there sending a text and saw him get out and fling a pizza box into the bushes. I jumped out, stormed over, called him a 'minky little s***' and made him go into the brambles to retrieve it. I'm still in my 20's, just ?

I was a little concerned for my tires and paint work though...

I am glad that I am not alone! ?

• Like 1

I always (well most of the time) shout at people who drop litter, not had a doing yet, some people just ignore the shouts of take your rubbish home, etc. and idiot, but I do have some success with them picking it up and taking it to the bin.

i just don’t understand the dropping litter mentality, surely they want to walk in the parks and streets without seeing litter so why drop it themselves.

On the same vein, cigarette smokers leaving their non bio degrading butts about, fisherman leaving their unbreakable line about, I take that home and melt it now as my dog has been tangled in it before. Also we have a reservoir close to me, nice place for a walk, the litter including soiled nappies that get left is just incredible/ horrible.

Does ma head in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hate the litter in an around my little village. It all seems to be fast food packets from passing cars like has been mentioned. Apart from one layby that had loads of wine bottles in the ditch and them little gas cannisters that kids suck on. Anyway, i've taken being grumpy a step further and come out the other side. I set about litter picking once a month as part of the businesses "Community Days" initiative. The benefits are manyfold. I get an enormous sense of wellbeing, the village becomes a little tidier, I get to catch up with the local guys who offer their time to help, and I get some decent local publicity. The local paper will be running an article on the litter picking antics of me and the guys this month. Click on the link and you'll see the amount we've picked up. And its just the tip of the iceberg.

WWW.CHAMPION-GARDENS.CO.UK

WHATS BEEN HAPPENING? WHAT HAVE WE BEEN DOING? WHATS NEXT IN THE GARDEN?

• Like 8

Good work big J. Litter chucking creatures are scum. I agree whole heartedly with your sentiment. Though I wouldn't have gone as far as opening the door myself. Due to uncertainty over the kind of person within as pointed out by others previously. That's mainly because I now live in Birmingham rather than lovely peaceful rural Devon, (grew up in Tiverton!).
Dropping litter really does my head in. I've seen it in so many beautiful otherwise unspoilt places. I never understand it;- surely people that enjoy such remote places, (mountains, national parks etc), do so partly because they're closer to pristine and unspoilt? On a related subject, what the hell do the black dog poo filled plastic bag depositors think they're doing?!
What really makes me angry is those people that chuck rubbish on the ground in broad daylight in a busy street, without even a guilty look around to make sure no one else sees. I think that's the worst behaviour. They obviously have no shame or feelings of guilt, they just seem to do it without even thinking. Either they don't care about wrecking the environment, (for themselves and everyone else), or they just assume it's someone else's job to clear it up for them. Shocking either way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/10/2019 at 20:57, Rich Rule said:

The Kenneth Noye incident was not all that was reported in the press.

The feds were keen to nail him as he'd previously murdered an undercover policeman in his garden years earlier.  I had read somewhere that Noye took the knife off the young man and stabbed him with it.  Glad he was put away for as long as he did, shame he is now out.