What would you charge?

AWarb00

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Still Drilling, New Platforms going in all the time. More oil, more Wells life is good. :) Guess its like cutting the Grass, in a way. :D We'll always need Oil and we'll always need men to perform unskilled Manual labour like cutting the Grass. Circle of life and  all that, we need people at the bottom rung as well as the top. :) 

Your right with your analogy.. I start work in spring and end as winter comes..

Same as your job, your in the autumn of your job career in the oil industry in the north sea, pretty soon it'll be winter for you..  

Me, My cycle of life starts every yr in spring, yours will end and never return, left in the dark winter sun cause the oil will be gone..   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe Newton said:

I'd personally be very interested to hear from start to finish how Vesper-Sean would go about this 2 man day dismantle. 

Just hang on Joe, he'll tell you how to do it. That said you'd do just as well listening to me telling you how to do it.

• Haha 1

Just now, Vespasian said:

Your right with your analogy.. I start work in spring and end as winter comes..

Same as your job, your in the autumn of your job career in the oil industry in the north sea, pretty soon it'll be winter for you..  

Me, My cycle of life starts every yr in spring, yours will end and never return, left in the dark winter sun cause the oil will be gone..   

You're*

But no, Im sure it will go way over your head but when an Oil Company Invests in a new Oil Platform they have done their homework and can foresee with a large degree of confidence that there is sufficient reserves to justify over a Billion Dollars of Investment.  Johan Sverdrup alone will produce between 2.1 and 3.1 Billion Barrels of Oil on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, this is just one of the many new fields off of Norway.

The Clair Ridge West of Shetland will produce 120,000 barrels per day. The shitty old Platform Im on just now, the Ninian South is almost rusted away yet will still produce till after 2040. I'll be close to retirement then and when decommissioning starts I'll have to pull all the Completions I installed and safely abandon the Wells. 

But yet again you have just shown how naive and ignorant you are when it comes to a skillset outside of your remit. Stick to Grass Cutting wee man. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe Newton said:

I'd personally be very interested to hear from start to finish how Vesper-Sean would go about this 2 man day dismantle. 

well if it was me doing it it would be done very slowly, and methodically..   If I had one I'd use one of those GCRS  thingies to help..   as it is and as you know I'm not a tree surgeon..  so what would would take me three days or two would certainly take a proper tree surgeon half the time...   

as it is I'd rig it down in part and cut an chuck were possible..

The first job would be to kick the wooden fence out the way..  and explain to the owner the garage wanted taking down its a an eyesore anyway, so would help out in that department by bombing chunks onto the roof for best effects..