Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I can see problems. I'd have someone for a few das, maybe a week, but no longer. I think it would be a different story if you had an annex that was self contained with its own entrance.

In fairness, I'd be a good part of the problem. I have just cleared the table saw out of the kitchen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on pensions - you should start saving as early as possible, if you leave it to later in life, you have to put away much larger amounts the later you leave it.

Don't think of a pension kicking in at 65-67 years, savings/pensions give you the benefit of retiring early and bridging the gap between retiring and getting your own pension supported by the government one later in life.

What happens if you don't have a pension - you end up with the bare minimum when you eventually reach an age where you shouldn't be worrying about money.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spudulike said:

There is a limit to what tax can be paid by guys washing cars for peanuts and paying a proportion of their wages back to the business owner for crappy accommodation!!!

What about the costs on the economy like translators in schools, police and hospitals etc

Who is that down to, the lads washing cars or the corrupt people who own these hand car washes? I do some work for a crew of Lithuanians that own most of them around these parts, they don't give a flying about the staff they employee. Lots of us take our motors there to be cleaned but care not a jot about what's going on in the background.

 

you, like I know the government are turning a blind eye to to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Who is that down to, the lads washing cars or the corrupt people who own these hand car washes? I do some work for a crew of Lithuanians that own most of them around these parts, they don't give a flying about the staff they employee. Lots of us take our motors there to be cleaned but care not a jot about what's going on in the background.

 

you, like I know the government are turning a blind eye to to this.

How can the government stop it though? I’m not being argumentative I just don’t see it stopping as to pay the car was workers decent money the price would go from a fiver to what ten/fifteen pounds. I can’t see them still getting the custom at those prices though I could be wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 21 now and looking at getting into property development next year but I have been told by a few folk that renti g them out is more hassle than it's worth but reading this thread is making me wander now 🤔 what age do you lot reckon is a good age to start paying into the pension? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm 21 now and looking at getting into property development next year but I have been told by a few folk that renti g them out is more hassle than it's worth but reading this thread is making me wander now what age do you lot reckon is a good age to start paying into the pension? 

Its what you make of it like anything in life. If your suited, dedicated and love to do house bashing and renovating, that when finished gives you a rental house (or a few in the future, portfolio as they say) and you can make the figures stack up in your favour.... then thats earning a crust, go for it! Regards tenants etc, you can do the vetting before hand, all the decisions can be yours. If you get a bad one and it costs ya.... then hey ho, suck it up, you made a bad choice. But that will influence your decision for next time, we all learn from our mistakes. Go for it, only here once!
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ratman said:


Its what you make of it like anything in life. If your suited, dedicated and love to do house bashing and renovating, that when finished gives you a rental house (or a few in the future, portfolio as they say) and you can make the figures stack up in your favour.... then thats earning a crust, go for it! Regards tenants etc, you can do the vetting before hand, all the decisions can be yours. If you get a bad one and it costs ya.... then hey ho, suck it up, you made a bad choice. But that will influence your decision for next time, we all learn from our mistakes. Go for it, only here once!

Cheers @Ratman love doing stuff up weather it's a old car to a house just love getting stuck in and grafting and hopefully further down the line I'll make myself a millionaire 💰 💰 😂 money won't come looking for me so I'm going out looking for it and as you say I'll see what I think when it comes to it regarding tenants it all depends on the profits really 👍 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

How can the government stop it though? I’m not being argumentative I just don’t see it stopping as to pay the car was workers decent money the price would go from a fiver to what ten/fifteen pounds. I can’t see them still getting the custom at those prices though I could be wrong?

I don't know, I'll have a think about it, and try not to reply in my hormonal view...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Buy to let landlords are scum.

We have more houses than people in the uk, yet massive homeless and housing problems.

My family was made homeless in September 2017, when our letting agent decided to put our rent up by £300 a month.

No other BTL landlord or agency would touch us, as we are both self employed???

Even though we had £7k to put down???

Buy to let? Don't be that c***

☹️☹️☹️

so to some up.

 

A private person, who's probably worked bloody hard to buy a second home to rent out as they are maybe self employed and will rely on it for a pension, chose not to sell you a service as you were too risky a proposition and im guessing wouldn't pass referencing. 

 

I get the feeling we are only hearing your side of the 'rent suddenly gone up by £300' story.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.