Jump to content

Recommended Posts

the annoying thing with pensions.
 
Lets say your a dosser, living on dole and handouts. So free house, no council tax, free spending money etc Saved nothing, earned nothing. They get pension credits and ta da more free money.
 
Kind of makes doing the right thing, working hard etc rather pointless.
 
And socialists/labour want more of this nonsense. They must be mentally ill.
 
 

It falls in the “do gooders section” along with all other free hand outs the uk gives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Buy to let landlords are scum.

We have more houses than people in the uk, yet massive homeless and housing problems.

My family was made homeless in September 2017, when our letting agent decided to put our rent up by £300 a month.

No other BTL landlord or agency would touch us, as we are both self employed???

Even though we had £7k to put down???

Buy to let? Don't be that c***

☹️☹️☹️

Obviously you have had a bad experience but don't tar everyone with the same brush. I am involved with a business that has been letting properties out for nearly 30 years our longest sitting tenant is on their 20th year with us they are like family . We have also built and let some local needs housing in the village which I grew up in for the over 60s. So to go about throwing abuse at people who you don't know and has worked hard for what they have got and are just trying to support themselves and family in their old age. The property which I mentioned was in that bad a state you wouldn't have got a mortgage on it so I haven't bought a property which a first time buyer would have gone for but now if I decided to sell it a first time buyer would be able to get a mortgage on it. Like people have said their are good and bad tenants and landlords.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Buy to let landlords are scum.

We have more houses than people in the uk, yet massive homeless and housing problems.

My family was made homeless in September 2017, when our letting agent decided to put our rent up by £300 a month.

No other BTL landlord or agency would touch us, as we are both self employed???

Even though we had £7k to put down???

Buy to let? Don't be that c***

☹️☹️☹️

Rouhgy, £7k would get you a £140k mortgage which would buy a terraced house in some parts of the country, possibly a semi in other parts. Hanley economic are offering 5% mortgages at very reasonable rates, depending how long you've both been self employed and what money you've shown I can't see what the problem is?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eggsarascal said:

Rouhgy, £7k would get you a £140k mortgage which would buy a terraced house in some parts of the country, possibly a semi in other parts. Hanley economic are offering 5% deposit/mortgages at very reasonable rates, depending how long you've both been self employed and what money you've shown I can't see what the problem is?

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBuiler I agree, good landlords do exist, but extremely rare.
I apologise if you think I'm insulting you.

Eggs, the 7k was 6 months rent in advance.
A small 2 bedroom house in Brighton/hove is £650k and upwards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

BBuiler I agree, good landlords do exist, but extremely rare.
I apologise if you think I'm insulting you.

Eggs, the 7k was 6 months rent in advance.
A small 2 bedroom house in Brighton/hove is £650k and upwards.
emoji51.pngemoji51.pngemoji51.png

First one on rightmove.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66829546.html

 

I live in what I consider an expensive area and it would be a streatch on my own to buy a decent house where I 'wanted' one. Cut ya cloth accordingly fella.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

First one on rightmove.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66829546.html

 

I live in what I consider an expensive area and it would be a streatch on my own to buy a decent house where I 'wanted' one. Cut ya cloth accordingly fella.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59042304.html

 

street name caught my eye😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Ah, but I didn't read the conditions of the house in my link.

Yes saw that your link had some old folk discount on it. Still more affordable than £650k!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.