My mate was arrested to day .

Stubby

37 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

if its in live stock you are totally within your right to pull the trigger, a relative of mine had a lot of trouble last year with dog walkers letting there dogs off on his land amongst sheep with lambs, he lost 14 sheep and 9 lambs in a week last year due to dog owners letting there dogs off, he armed his self with a go pro camera and the correct fire power for the job, 3.45pm a couple come through gate in to field with 2 staffies and a bullmastive, none of them on leads with in 60 seconds the mastive was hanging on to a sheep and the 2 staffies joining in shortly after Neil the land owner/farmer shouted and whistled the dogs 3 times and they still carried on and then the owners started shouting there dogs and they still carried on 30 seconds and 3 shots all 3 dogs laid dead,dog owners came marching up the field shouting and playing holly F--K with him and asked what the hell he was doing he just smiled and said protecting my live stock from rampaging dogs, yon can imagine what the rest of the conversation was like, the boys in blue arrived and calmed the situation and it was 2 very different stories then Neil handed one of the police the camera and played it back he just looked at the dog owners and said to them, well its not like what you said, its a lot different would you like to watch it, bothe declined, and they asked the officer if was going to arrest the farmer and the officer said what for he has done nothing out side of the law, they where then told to remove there animals from the field, it turned out they where from chelsea up here in a holiday cottage on a easter break, Neil shortly after recieved a soliciters letter asking for compensation for the dogs so a counter claim was sent back with video and photos but did,nt hear owt back, 

That’s a harsh story Spuddog, and horribly familiar with what a sheep farmer mate went through down here.

2 big German Shepherds.

After repeated attacks, warnings and deaths he had no choice but to kill both dogs cleanly with a 22-250.

He loaded the corpses into his pickup and delivered them back to the owners.

The woman, who I had the displeasure of quoting a job for once (cockney harridan, used to know the Krays, know what I mean?) asked if he could carry the dogs in and ‘put them on the fackin table’.

She didn’t bat an eyelid.

He left the place nearly sobbing. He’s a dog man like me.

A week later she’s got two semi-mature Shepherds who she has called the same names as the dogs he had to shoot, walked up beside his fields on leads this time.

Luckily they left the vicinity soon after.

I often wonder about those dogs, and feel sorry for them.

I could never shoot a dog unless the circumstances were extreme.

I like them more than most people.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Baldbloke said:

Don’t know if a FAC air rifle would actually cover lower powered air rifles as the one on the FAC would only list the serial no of the high powered one.

i have a FAC for rim fire and centre fire rifles and a shotgun licence for my shotguns. I still needed an air rifle licence. Bit of a joke, but maybe an attempt by the government to quantify all firearms in public hands.

i think the one air rifle licence does allow more than one, but it won’t include those with a higher muzzle velocity. Those still need a FAC

FAC covers rifles, multi shot shotguns and over 12ftlb air rifles or air weapons as they like to call them up here. I have an FAC and a shotgun licence and last year I had to add the air rifle licence to run with them. Firearms licensing officer whom visited to check security for my 5th renewal was of the opinion it was a complete waste of time as is always the case it would only be the law abiding that would adhere to the legislation. As for SNP they are indeed in the business of controlling and interfering as the crazy scheme for having our kids a nominated by the state guardian showed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

FAC covers rifles, multi shot shotguns and over 12ftlb air rifles or air weapons as they like to call them up here. I have an FAC and a shotgun licence and last year I had to add the air rifle licence to run with them. Firearms licensing officer whom visited to check security for my 5th renewal was of the opinion it was a complete waste of time as is always the case it would only be the law abiding that would adhere to the legislation. As for SNP they are indeed in the business of controlling and interfering as the crazy scheme for having our kids a nominated by the state guardian showed. 

I’d forgotten about the State Guardianship bollocks. Bunch of interfering twats

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

That’s a harsh story Spuddog, and horribly familiar with what a sheep farmer mate went through down here.

2 big German Shepherds.

After repeated attacks, warnings and deaths he had no choice but to kill both dogs cleanly with a 22-250.

He loaded the corpses into his pickup and delivered them back to the owners.

The woman, who I had the displeasure of quoting a job for once (cockney harridan, used to know the Krays, know what I mean?) asked if he could carry the dogs in and ‘put them on the fackin table’.

A week later she’s got two semi-mature Shepherds who she has called the same names as the dogs he had to shoot, walked up beside his fields on leads this time.

I’ve had several moments when I’d like to shoot my own dog - once he cocked his leg on a toddler on a beach, he used to bark at/attack wheelchairs, out of nowhere he will want to do nothing other than hump someone he’s never met before, he’s locked himself in the van (with the keys) more than once... Absolute bellend - I can’t actually describe how much I love him though! 

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’ve had several moments when I’d like to shoot my own dog - once he cocked his leg on a toddler on a beach, he used to bark at/attack wheelchairs, out of nowhere he will want to do nothing other than hump someone he’s never met before, he’s locked himself in the van (with the keys) more than once... Absolute bellend - I can’t actually describe how much I love him though! 

Apart from the wheelchair thing we’re all guilty mate!

The toddler thing was an accident though, I swear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

That’s a harsh story Spuddog, and horribly familiar what a mate went through down here.

2 big German Shepherds.

He loaded the corpses intohis pickup and delivered them back to the owners.

got dogs my self mark and i am from a farming back ground so i see both sides, and for some ones dog to have a bit of fun with someones  lively hood i dont see funny at all, and when a farmer askes you for a lift for 10 mins and you have to help him drag a carcase that is still pumping blood out in to a trailer its not nice and then he says well thats another £250 down the pan ,BUT its not the dog that is at fault its the the owner and if you cant train and keep a dog under controll in my eyes your not fit to own one, own 2 labs myself both from very good working lines not an ounce of fat an either of them and neither of them rarely go out on a lead and never had a collar on either but a collar out in the working field is no good, the second photo was the work of a pointer which was shot the morning after and delivered back to its responsible owner as he called his self,

20171111_114101 (1).jpg

IMAG0312.JPG

25 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Hump someone he,s never met before, they always say dogs end up like there owner,s ? ? ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A wandering mongrel got into my garden a good few years back and mauled all my geese. I went ballistic and cornered it while holding a club. You should have seen it’s sorry little face. My heart melted and I just let it go and I finished off the geese that were still alive.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

The owner's responsible for a dog that is worrying livestock, so maybe the law needs changing so that the farmer can shoot them!

l think they'd suddenly be a lot more careful and responsible owners about. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Makes you laugh all the mad shit dogs do ??? my terrier does things like this all the time and just makes you laugh lots and love him more! But weirdly I wouldn’t let the labs or collie get away with it, they must hate him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1