Tricky customer Quibbling price after emergency job, what would you do?

Agent-Arb

6 minutes ago, Agent-Arb said:

Cheers Joe. Someone on here said it would be a learning curve to pursue it but if you do nothing then you learn nothing other than giving in

Really pleased you didnt give in. It sends a message out to people like this that they need to pay up same as everyone else.

I recently refused to give up whe  the local highways refused to pay for pothole damage. 6 months on, not only have the coughed up the money, but also the court fees on top, so in the end, the small guy can win against the big guys!

• Like 2

One reason I don’t do or certainly try to avoid emergency work and I only ever do written quotes with email confirmation, you can send from site off a smart phone , saves so much hassle!

Good points. So, moving forward I did think it worth sending a email before starting the job in future. Ideally, before loading up & setting off.

In terms of pricing. Some said too cheap, some said yeah but it’s just him & kit with no clear up. The customer thought it a bit steep & we seen how that’s just played out. Might be a good idea to work at a call out fee plus hourly rate in future - like other trades, so customer is aware it’s going to cost £X’s+ from the outset & get a confirmation email from them accepting that before starting any work. Should be getting paid for even looking ideally.

This customer did keep offering the “one-off non-negotiable” £200. Which I didn’t accept as I had a feeling if push came to shove the total could then be reduced to that.
Pffft! Chancer.
I had to give an update tho, especially as it’s good news! Cheers all
  • Like 2

Going forward why not give arb pro a try? I have used it fir over a year now and won’t be with out it, it’s saved me a boat load of hassle and covers everything you will ever need from an online system all for 50 quid a month!

Going forward why not give arb pro a try? I have used it fir over a year now and won’t be with out it, it’s saved me a boat load of hassle and covers everything you will ever need from an online system all for 50 quid a month!

Didn’t know that was out there. Looks good from the vid on their website. Same voice as ‘highly valuable walnut tree’ [emoji23]
Thanks