Chinese top handle saw

Koba

I have enough " proper saws" till they come out of my ears. I asked for help on this forum because I was not used to dealing with Chinese chainsaws. You had better get used to them because it won't be long before all the " proper saws" are made in China. Unless you have something useful to post I suggest you zip it pal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gary112 said:

Why bother with chinese if you have enough "proper saws",i dont think a grands worth of work is too much to brag about, and i dont think all "proper saws" will be made in china any time soon, just my opinion,but good luck happy sawing 

If, or when, they are made in China, they'll be made to the spec that that company whose badge they carry demands. Labour costs will be cheaper, so higher profit margins, it's just economics.

Chinese saws, own label and copies, are generally only really 'problematic' because they're generally made to the lowest cost possible and many are viewed as a disposable item. 

• Like 2

On 20/09/2018 at 15:13, Koba said:

Bought the above about 1 year ago. Has been running fine until recently but now will not idle. Will not run unless throttled. Cleaned carb and fitted new fuel lines. Same result. Could it be an air leak. I noticed that there is no gasket between boot opening and carb. Thinking of using Hylomar in that area. Any thoughts guys?.

4 hours ago, Koba said:

Big help brother. Just to let you know that I fitted a smaller diameter fuel line and the little thing is now running like a dream. The saw cost me £50 inc. p.&p. and has done about a grand's worth of work. 

So what are you saying here ? Why didn't the fuel lines you fitted at the start of this thread not fix the problem - bad material or wrong diameter hose? 

I have enough " proper saws" till they come out of my ears. I asked for help on this forum because I was not used to dealing with Chinese chainsaws. You had better get used to them because it won't be long before all the " proper saws" are made in China. Unless you have something useful to post I suggest you zip it pal.

Something useful....
Go look at the safety tests done on Chinese chainsaws on YouTube.
Then bin it.
Unless you are a complete ****
Then crack on.
Pal.

27 minutes ago, Wonky said:

Is this a knocking a new member thread, it seems a bit ghey, mines bigger and betterer, 

ahh well I,ll play with my Thai bride, is she better than yours ?????????

Of course it is, most of the long term Arbtalk members don't post anymore and the rest just seem to have a go at new members!

• Haha 1