travellers

westphalian

22 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Yes, you are missing something! The thread title is TRAVELLERS. Which bit do you not understand?

I don’t think you can title a thread ‘Pikeys’, but I get the impression that’s what is meant here. Obviously there are any number of travellers out there with different backgrounds/reasons/beliefs in law and order - some good and some bad.

Unfortunately there seems to be a disproportionately large group of scumbags who fall under the ‘traveller’ label who are actual living breathing theiving horrible bastards that seem to live outside the law and are protected by their ilk. The way our politically correct society works means that they are categorised as travellers in exactly the same way that hippies, itinerants, those that chose to lead that life and everyone else with no fixed abode is - it is seemingly impossible to refer to these theiving travelling criminal gangs in any way which doesn’t pose offence! 

The problem seems to be compounded by the rest of the travelling fraternity doing nothing to distance themselves from the bad’uns (I would imagine there are many ‘good’ travellers turning a blind eye to what they know is going on right under their noses). Maybe a better thread title would be ‘Naughty Travellers’ - it would then allow us non-travelling folk to discuss such matters without causing offence possibly? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I don’t think you can title a thread ‘Pikeys’, but I get the impression that’s what is meant here. Obviously there are any number of travellers out there with different backgrounds/reasons/beliefs in law and order - some good and some bad.

Unfortunately there seems to be a disproportionately large group of scumbags who fall under the ‘traveller’ label who are actual living breathing theiving horrible bastards that seem to live outside the law and are protected by their ilk. The way our politically correct society works means that they are categorised as travellers in exactly the same way that hippies, itinerants, those that chose to lead that life and everyone else with no fixed abode is - it is seemingly impossible to refer to these theiving travelling criminal gangs in any way which doesn’t pose offence! 

The problem seems to be compounded by the rest of the travelling fraternity doing nothing to distance themselves from the bad’uns (I would imagine there are many ‘good’ travellers turning a blind eye to what they know is going on right under their noses). Maybe a better thread title would be ‘Naughty Travellers’ - it would then allow us non-travelling folk to discuss such matters without causing offence possibly? 

Oh, I see. What's meant is thieving gypsy bastards. Totally different breed than some of the travellers I know.

Now, can we stop tarring everyone with the same brush?

You only need look at some council housing estates. One local to me for example has a terrible reputation for thieving scum bags. In reality there are probably half a dozen families of said twats that ruin the place (and give bad reputation) for everyone else that lives there!
It’s not just travellers that cause problems, at least not round here

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

You only need look at some council housing estates. One local to me for example has a terrible reputation for thieving scum bags. In reality there are probably half a dozen families of said twats that ruin the place (and give bad reputation) for everyone else that lives there!
It’s not just travellers that cause problems, at least not round here

Bloody hell Richard, coming round here with a voice of reason, you'll never fit in...

• Like 1

I suppose it all really comes down to numbers. In 20+ years of tree work easily 95%+ of customer complaints have been down to gypsies ripping them off, I guess thats what most others come across hence the negativity towards them.

I certainly dont tar everyone with the same brush but im not stupid enough not to be on my toes when required.

• Like 2

To be honest its not really about Gypsies or travelers or council estate scroats..

The root of the problem is Low IQ populations...   The lower the average IQ of any given population, results in a greater tendency to criminal behavior.. its a measured scientific fact.

The Gypsy population has the lowest measured IQ of any European sub group, about 85..  is it any wonder they're over represented when it comes to crime stats or why they're more than likely to be thieving bastards..

I read in an earlier article posted in this thread that 7% will have had a custodial sentence..  given that includes women then it amounts to 14% if we dismiss their part of the stat..   take away those under ten and those over thirty and I'm guessing its near on 28%..

Thats thirty percent of the male Gypsy population are thieving (shorthand for criminal) scumbags..

Which as bad as it seems and it is bad, it does mean the majority are hard working decent folk..   though I dare say they might condone or turn a blind eye in the direction of their thieving bretherin..

You can do the same analysis with any groups, including council estate groups, and measure all the low IQ members of said group.   the stats will add up in much the same way..   find the low IQ members and a good third will be thieves or other near're do well's...

Long term the only solution is to have breeding permits, if your a dunce you don't get to have a woman, or if you do you have to have the snip..   any dunces without a licence found courting should be jailed for attempting to dumb down society.. ten years to keep em off the streets..  second offence balls chopped off..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Vespasian said:

I read in an earlier article posted in this thread that 7% will have had a custodial sentence..  given that includes women then it amounts to 14% if we dismiss their part of the stat..   take away those under ten and those over thirty and I'm guessing its near on 28%

With your ability to massage figures like that Vesp, you should be a politician, or a mob accountant.

If we're reading the same article,  5% of the prison population (Not 7%) that identify themselves as Romany, Gypsy or traveller includes women. So take women out, be generous and say they account for half of your 7%. How does dividing by 2 double the numbers? So 3.5% are male, take away those <10 & >30. Now bear with me, take numbers away and the original number gets smaller! 

You're guessing at 28%, and then saying that thirty percent of the male traveller/Romany/Gypsy population are thieves! If you're going to be clever and use empirical data to prove a point, you need to be a bit less obvious in your creative accounting methodology. :D

• Like 1