Time to call it a day ?

danroker1987

17 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Appreciate the plaudits fellas, but I’m pretty much a conduit for the stuff I’ve learned through Arbtalk and the people I’ve met through it in the last decade.

Steve has to take the credit there.

You’ve contributed enough in here over the years Dan, you at least deserve some help when it sounds like you need it.

I look forward to having a beer with you, along with many others I’ve yet to meet, one day.

I don’t want to meet you on aldishelfstackers.com or something.

Which is where Joe Newton will end up, the cheeky little fukker.

Thanks mark! i appreciate that ,really i do! Beer sounds good one day!!

if you meet me anywhere it will be gigolo2go.com

• Haha 1

Also Dan, you've got to think that if you're not getting many calls, then your competitiors probably aren't either.  Keep ahad, you'll pick up their business when they fold. 

If, and only you can make the decision, that it's a non runner, then quit while you're behind.  But don't let a bad jump put you out of the race.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Also Dan, you've got to think that if you're not getting many calls, then your competitiors probably aren't either.  Keep ahad, you'll pick up their business when they fold. 

If, and only you can make the decision, that it's a non runner, then quit while you're behind.  But don't let a bad jump put you out of the race.

Thanks mark ! I'm still scrapping for all the jobs i can!!! thank you mate!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khriss said:

Is that right TF ? Stainless welding ?? ( tho' mild steel bad enuff ) K

Still being researched - a few links. Possibly less hazardous than landmine clearance

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/door-opens-for-welders-cancer-compensation-20140815-104h2w.html

https://www.atlenv.com/stainless-steel-welders-exposed-to-hexavalent-chromium-a-cancer-causing-substance/

• Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, danroker1987 said:

How is everyone doing ? My work has picked up a wee bit , but not as well as it usually is this time of year 

My situation exactly, after a lean spell I’ve had a few nice jobs come in, but I’m behind on last year.

• Like 1

I am a sales rep in the cycle ind  as the full time job and moving into arb work at weekends so far with the view to go full time next year. 

Retail is way down, lots of big players are closing as people are not earning as much and or holding onto their cash as brexit etc is lots of uncertainty. No surprise it’s hitting even the arb world. 

The best way i have seen to fight this is to be super proactive, sort the website/social media, get your face and company name popping up so that when someone does need work doing they think of you. diversify can you do something else to bolster cash flow while it’s a bit lean out there? 

• Like 4

I have a guy on the road all day looking at work and he reckons its a bit quiet, that said we are busy and had to recently take on a few more guy`s. I always think quiet times are the golden opportunity to get out there and see whats about, sitting around waiting for the phone to ring is futile.

Bob

• Like 4

Probably a little quieter, but the markets continually evolving. 

Commercially  there seems to be fewer site clearance jobs about, those that do crop up seem to HA led. 

Domestic works a bit slower, but that seems weather dependent. Lousy  over Easter so few calls, Nice May Bank holiday followed by a raft of calls.

Its at a comfortable level atm.