Time to call it a day ?

danroker1987

11 minutes ago, danroker1987 said:

Thank you mark, I'm thinking as much ! its just when I'm quiet seems like an eternity!! you know times are hard when you send yourself bagging firewood for next year lol! The climbing thing scares me i have a bit left in the tank but not long!

Seriously considering heading down the ,sawmill ,rustic furniture,welding fused together route

could you not use freelancers to help take the climbing load off?

A couple of guys I work for use me for jobs they could happily do themselves just so they can run things from the ground. 

A bit of a come down perhaps but we had a grass cutting round as well as our tree work . Not collect garden stuff but West Sussex  CC . Empty buildings owned by them ear marked for housing dev . Some times it was hard to fit it all in . You could try diversifying into that ?

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

A bit of a come down perhaps but we had a grass cutting round as well as our tree work . Not collect garden stuff but West Sussex  CC . Empty buildings owed by them ear marked for housing dev . Some times it was hard to fit it all in . You could try diversifying into that ?

if you catch a weasel asleep piss in its hahahahahaha:lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Weathers messed with a lot of us mate, you're not alone.
emoji106.png

TCD who used to be a member on here is seriously thinking of calling it a day . Forestry is his trade but in Devon there has been sooooo much rain he has only been able to work a fraction of what he should . Big machines ( harvester , forwarder , etc ) to pay for  .........

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

TCD who used to be a member on here is seriously thinking of calling it a day . Forestry is his trade but in Devon there has been sooooo much rain he has only been able to work a fraction of what he should . Big machines ( harvester , forwarder , etc ) to pay for  .........

i can imagine!

41 minutes ago, Martin du Preez said:

Don't worry bud, every tree surgeon in my area went hell quiet for a few weeks, but its picking up now ! i reckon it was all the shit weather put people off going out into their gardens to assess what needs doing !!! just try and find a side business for the slow times, i find fencing is ideal just effing boring

It’s definitely partly that Martin, I bet a lot of folks haven’t ventured in their gardens since November.

It’s also partly that people want work done, but don’t want boots across their waterlogged lawns, so they haven’t picked the phone up yet.

The work is building up, just in time for nesting season....

Keep your chin and prices up Dan, dropping either isn’t the answer (insert bitter learned from experience emoji here).

I’m looking forward to a ‘I can’t cope - I need a Mog/Bandit/Crane’ thread from you in June....

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

It’s definitely partly that Martin, I bet a lot of folks haven’t ventured in their gardens since November.

It’s also partly that people want work done, but don’t want boots across their waterlogged lawns, so they haven’t picked the phone up yet.

The work is building up, just in time for nesting season....

Keep your chin and prices up Dan, dropping either isn’t the answer (insert bitter learned from experience emoji here).

I’m looking forward to a ‘I can’t cope - I need a Mog/Bandit/Crane’ thread from you in June....

HAHAHA nesting season ! Great!!  To be honest I'm quite content in plodding round in our little canter truck , i haven't got the work for that let a lone a mog/bandit etc . plus i don't get paid enough to warrant that sort of kit round me . i won't be a busy fool or be running round to cover costs for kit! although my ego thinks otherwise :D

• Like 2