Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

34 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

I'm  not sure how to break this to you......but that's not a vacuum cleaner......

Your carpets must be in a right state.

Well I'm positive how to break this to you....     I wasn't talking about a vacuum cleaner..   

My carpets are, how do I say this?, none existent, I have old stone flags on the floor..   all the better to save on a hoover...  a brush is a tenth the price..

+1 for what Kevin says.

The bulk of the people in the Commons and the Lords are remainers; the EU don't want us to go. An agreement is going to be like knitting fog.

I said at the time it would be fudged deal and also that in twenty years time it will probably make no difference but there is a lot of hassle to go through before then.

8 hours ago, muttley9050 said:

Haven't used arbtalk a lot lately. Got fed up with all the scrapping and continual reiteration of points by some people. Came on couple of days ago for the first time in ages and found two off topic threads that might interest me. This one and media brainwashing.
Amazed to find that the same points are being reiterated by the same person/people on these two threads as were being continually made when I last used the site.
Shame.

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 16.46.57.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billpierce said:

Go on and make an ignore person one Steve too

What have "we" become?  

What has happened to the freedom of choice that we all supposedly treasure so much?

There's outrage in Bodmin (fair shout if you had to live in Bodmin) but the latest iteration is over the 'confusion' imposed by new road layouts and shared space.

Personally, I rather like the freedom to choose - I liked it when I saw it in effect in Poundbury, no road markings, no signs dictating who had right of way, no lines to park within.  The choice, responsibility and liability was passed to the users and what I saw was people behaving as they might expect others to behave towards them - it was a pleasure to be there.  

Arguments happen when a 'sign' tells you you have right of way (a sense of entitlement) and somebody infringes upon it.  When there's no state imposed dictation of priority, people are forced to interact on a personal level and consequences might be attached to actions - just as courtesies might be expected in return for being courteous.

There's no need for an 'ignore' button - each of us is personally empowered to do just that without the need for a 'button' that grants us some greater power than we were already granted at birth. 

20:27 on a Friday and I'm already burbling - that's what happens when you go to the pub at 17:00!

Where's the 'ignore' button???  

• Like 2