Newbie - hedge quote

Adb87

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all newbie here.

This may have previously been done to death however I've a question re hedge quoting.

There's a bloke who's asked for a quote on a leylandii hedge. It's 45+ metres and needs cutting both sides therefore 90+ metres and along the top. The approx width is 4 ft and it is 3 metres high.

I priced together usual things such as fuel costs, taking away of all Waste and also the need for a small ally tower platform.

We worked out it would take 1 and a bit days so probably 2 days with transporting waste to recycling centre we dispose green waste at.

We quoted £500. 2 days 2 blokes and the other bits mentioned above. Do you feel this is too much?

We were no where near the quote the bloke had been given of £140. I struggle to see how they could make make a living charging so little, or is it maybe we are too greedy?

We aren't struggling for work and we did a 120 metre hedge last week for quoting 80 more.

Any replys will be appreciated. cheers.

You don't need an ally tower, or any kind of tower, 1 tall ladder, 1 small ladder made into a cross will do the job. how much growth? drag or park next to the hedge?

2 blokes 2 days, paying to tip and hiring in a platform? For £500 seems cheap, doesn't it?

I certainly couldn't make it pay at that rate fir 2 men! I want £500 a day per 2 man team to make it work so I would say your too cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I certainly couldn't make it pay at that rate fir 2 men! I want £500 a day per 2 man team to make it work so I would say your too cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yes that's got to be a day. I think you said your not panicking for work so if it's going in to a second day then your a bit cheap.

I handed the quote to him. He is actually a mate who runs the local pub. He is taking the £140 quote so I await the workmanship he has hired!

Next time you are in his pub offer him a bit less for your pint . :001_smile:

if its only 3m high you can duck tape or clamp a bit of ply say 4 ft x 18"" onto the top of a ladder and lean onto the hedge if its got a reasonable face - I would be between the two prices - as long as its only a yearly trim - the waste would cost a bit - guess 1/2 ton to a ton of clippings.

The hs 87t on a 40" blade would face that up from the ground or on a crate at most.

Seems a low hedge to need hiring in a tower, and a faff even if you own one.