Depression

eggsarascal

On 04/03/2017 at 19:36, NFG said:

Hi Eggs,

Sorry to hear this, but dont take pills - they only benefit the doctors that push em.

Try and do stuff that makes you feel good, look at things in a positive light, go for walks in the country, etc etc as per SkyH: When I am down I find physical exercise really helps, there are many days when I really don't feel like getting out of bed and going to work, but once I'm on site, up a tree, I feel 100% better.

Thats always going to make you feel good

Spring is on the way & the clocks go forward soon so that is always a good thing.

& let rip with your 395 that should be good therapy

N

Love this post ❤️

On 13/03/2017 at 20:29, difflock said:

Eggs, although my God fearing country bred Mother, never actually expressed it as such, I believe her innate belief was "life is not meant to be easy", and so she kept her chin up and carried on.

Or, indeed, despite my depressive moments, I have commented;

"Iffen anybody decided to shoot at me, I ud probably do my best to run"

i.e. I am definately NOT sucidal/ life is not THAT bad, yet.

So, be thankful & soldier on.

PS

Just back from the pub, where ;

(a) one bloke has bin chucked out of his v recently deceased partners home after 30+ years, like 3 days after she was buried.

(b) Another bloke was grieving ( as in, tears running down his cheeks) over the recent self inflicted death of a 44 year old Son.

So, indeed, my/our life is pretty good!

regards

Marcus

So sad ?

I've scrapped with the black dog for decades. Tried allsorts, training, working, fighting, drinking.
Raving helped in my twenties.
The most important thing I found/find, is to keep doing things. Even if it's just emptying an ashtray. Depression isn't a joke, but there's always a tomorrow and it might just be better.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Mark J said:

I've scrapped with the black dog for decades. Tried allsorts, training, working, fighting, drinking.
Raving helped in my twenties.
The most important thing I found/find, is to keep doing things. Even if it's just emptying an ashtray. Depression isn't a joke, but there's always a tomorrow and it might just be better.

Mark, I too finally figured out and accepted that simply by starting to mindlessly tidy up, or sort buckets of (swept up from the floor at work ) nuts, bolts, screws and nails was indeed its own therapy.

And yes, there will be a day ahead when things look so much brighter.

regards,

mth

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Samantha48 said:

You have nothing to be ashamed of lovely x you listened to someone’s problems and cared ❤️❤️❤️

Harsh as it may be, but times I listen and I dont care, nay I may even think to myself "well, what the fcuk did you expect to happen, so suck it up!"

MarkJ will attest to this facet of my character.

mth

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, difflock said:

Harsh as it may be, but times I listen and I dont care, nay I may even think to myself "well, what the fcuk did you expect to happen, so suck it up!"

MarkJ will attest to this facet of my character.

mth

That did make me laugh ? Your mom was right in her thinking and I think you follow her lead in your thinking processes then. I love your honesty ? if it works for you then wonderful x