Depression

eggsarascal

It’s so touching to see someone brave enough to admit to having depression but especially men because you just carry on usually until it ends in tears or worse. Well done Eggs for stepping up and being so honest ??

I do have low days but always manage to snap myself out of it in multiple ways. I love comedy and jokes and try to spend as much time as I can outdoors preferably in the sunshine ? but music is my real soulmate and I think the words they express is how I feel but can never seem to put into words. I LOVE Jerry Cinnamon and especially the song  (where we going) My all time favourite song ❤️ and anything by Bruce Springsteen too ??

I was practically dragged up by an evil father and I honestly do not know anyone as dangerous as my father was and a mother who did not want me. Violence and alcohol meant I bought myself up living in complete poverty, starved all the time and constantly in fear. I finally had enough aged nine and stepped in front of a car. Thank god it swerved at the last minute and everyone was ok ? I ended up in care then went to live with my nan and grandad. They saved my life really and I idolised my grandads every word ? I wanted to grow up and be a soldier just like him and make him proud and that’s exactly what I did. I can honestly say I had a wonderful career and the army made me grateful for every small thing. A hot drink, a hot meal and a warm bed. Sleep deprivation was tough and sexism was too but I stayed humble and did everything I could to prove my worth. I’m a hard worker with a good heart and I try to treat people as I want them to treat me. With a smiling face and open arms ? we are all just trying to live our best lives and you have to keep getting back up when you are knocked down and FIGHT ? I play the bagpipes in a group that are more like family and friends and I also do Kung fu which is also like family. Get yourselves out there and try stuff out. I have literally done so so much and will continue to look for the next challenge or adventure. God I can talk lol ? sorry ?? 
keep this thread going boys because sharing will stop the isolation ❤️

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, Samantha48 said:

It’s so touching to see someone brave enough to admit to having depression but especially men because you just carry on usually until it ends in tears or worse. Well done Eggs for stepping up and being so honest ??

I do have low days but always manage to snap myself out of it in multiple ways. I love comedy and jokes and try to spend as much time as I can outdoors preferably in the sunshine ? but music is my real soulmate and I think the words they express is how I feel but can never seem to put into words. I LOVE Jerry Cinnamon and especially the song  (where we going) My all time favourite song ❤️ and anything by Bruce Springsteen too ??

I was practically dragged up by an evil father and I honestly do not know anyone as dangerous as my father was and a mother who did not want me. Violence and alcohol meant I bought myself up living in complete poverty, starved all the time and constantly in fear. I finally had enough aged nine and stepped in front of a car. Thank god it swerved at the last minute and everyone was ok ? I ended up in care then went to live with my nan and grandad. They saved my life really and I idolised my grandads every word ? I wanted to grow up and be a soldier just like him and make him proud and that’s exactly what I did. I can honestly say I had a wonderful career and the army made me grateful for every small thing. A hot drink, a hot meal and a warm bed. Sleep deprivation was tough and sexism was too but I stayed humble and did everything I could to prove my worth. I’m a hard worker with a good heart and I try to treat people as I want them to treat me. With a smiling face and open arms ? we are all just trying to live our best lives and you have to keep getting back up when you are knocked down and FIGHT ? I play the bagpipes in a group that are more like family and friends and I also do Kung fu which is also like family. Get yourselves out there and try stuff out. I have literally done so so much and will continue to look for the next challenge or adventure. God I can talk lol ? sorry ?? 
keep this thread going boys because sharing will stop the isolation ❤️

Good for you mate! Sounds like you had a crap time when you were a kid, pulled yourself out of it, thank goodness. Army will make or break you, obviously didn't break you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

Good for you mate! Sounds like you had a crap time when you were a kid, pulled yourself out of it, thank goodness. Army will make or break you, obviously didn't break you. 

Bless you David ? that’s very kind x I am very lucky because my brain seems to have erased most of the bad things so I’m completely normal ? I don’t normally talk about it because I don’t want any of the memories to come back. Life has  taught me to love being in my own company and trust in my instincts because if you wear your heart on your sleeve and open yourself up to people you soon learn who is genuine. I like no drama, no arguing and a good giggle ? I hope you have a lovely evening x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've not read the other replies (getting a bit lazy like that), but honestly would recommend the following...do something akin to a a sprint triathlon, even a very toned down version where the run is actually a fast walk to begin with etc, you get my drift, and make sure you swim even if the cycle or run gets you to a public pool (f they are open). Excercise just can't be stressed enough in combating the blues, and cold water immersion is so effective I believe with outdoor swimmers that depressive illness is virtually unheard of.  Ideally do the aformentioned whilst listening to Ian Dury singing "Reasons to be cheerful" on a loop, on your Ipod. That little lot should do it, good luck...

Edited by Acerforestry
  • Like 1

Some of you need to try a winter where i live,christ its not called the heads of the valleys for no reason.Its 1368 feet above sea level and my place is right on the top of the mountain.

Always makes me chuckle we use feet to express altitude in the UK. Go anywhere else in the world and what we label mountains are rolling foothills.... Scottish highlands the same, undoubtedly very beautiful but not particularly big.
No getting away from the fact that our increasingly wet climate is getting tiresome. Makes you appreciate those lovely sunny days even more.
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
21 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

And so it carries on, All is good but the depression gets the better of me, is it the stress of buying a place I can’t cope with? I really don’t know.

I know that one all too well. It can be the case that there's a reason why depression hits harder when things are seemingly going well. Have you thought about finding a therapist to talk with, you may have to try a couple before you find one that works or you might get lucky first time. You'll have to go private as waiting lists are joke for NHS treatment.
Keep going though, there's always light at the end of the tunnel no matter how long and dark it may seem. 
Get in touch anytime you like mate.

• Like 1