Trump Petition

matelot

Done, and well done for making people aware of the petition.:thumbup::* Like him or loath him, agree or disagree with him, agree or disagree withe the USA electoral system. All irrelevant. He was elected by the democratic process that the USA has in place. If people want to voice their opinion for, or against him, or about his polices, then they should use the opportunity of his visit to do just that. And respect the sacrifice that people made to allow us this freedom of speech & freedom to have an opinion, however outrageous that opinion may seem. If people are not prepared to get off their back sides a go and voice their opinions then I wish they would 'zip it', as there is nothing worse than an armchair activist.:thumbdown:

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done, and well done for making people aware of the petition.:thumbup::* Like him or loath him, agree or disagree with him, agree or disagree withe the USA electoral system. All irrelevant. He was elected by the democratic process that the USA has in place. If people want to voice their opinion for, or against him, or about his polices, then they should use the opportunity of his visit to do just that. And respect the sacrifice that people made to allow us this freedom of speech & freedom to have an opinion, however outrageous that opinion may seem. If people are not prepared to get off their back sides a go and voice their opinions then I wish they would 'zip it', as there is nothing worse than an armchair activist.:thumbdown:

Well said. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

:lol::laugh1::lol: No, that was spot on.... Mutinies have started over less!

The only part that may have been misunderstood was that, whilst the opportunities of Service may have facilitated some of the introductions, it's what followed that provided the experiences.

For example, whilst sailing a Nic 55 through the Med, a coincidental stop in Menorca allowed the meeting of a beautiful Swedish girl that resulted in a 4 year relationship (lots of time in Sweden) which stalled only when I moved to Germany and she to study in Cadiz. We fought on through as best we could and Cadiz was awesome but distance and separation eventually got the better of us. The time in Germany resulted in much social time in Holland and I've just this week returned from Utrecht after visiting friends. Another 4 year relationship with a Kiwi girl I met in London resulted in some significant time (and nearly a relocation) to NZ. An early love with a Brazilian girl met in Rio (that was always doomed to fail!) Time in Russia with work similarly led to a liaison with a stunning ballet dancer from St Petersburg. Disillusionment with work resulted in a period in Morocco. And, whilst I realise these examples might not entirely support what I wrote earlier, that's as much as I'm prepared to share on here!

Nice to see some positive benefits derived from the UK's Defense Budget.

And I'm only jealous too:biggrin:

Let me get this right. You've just signed a on line petition about a matter that was debated 3 days ago whilst sat in your armchair, then go on about armchair activists?

Jesus! ,

Ah didnay ken ye got yer MBE for shagging a staggeringly diverse selection o foreign birds Kevin.

Are ye sure your not a 007 type somewhere under that carefully presented facade.

Jealous is all.

mth

P.S.

Did your mate murder his wife, like you carelessly state 007.

😂

Alas Marcus, chugging vast quantities of ale, philandering and generally acting the goat are still not recognised in the qualifying criteria - much to my (and Becks) displeasure. Had they been, I'm sure it might have been a CBE!

All I did manage to do was present a sufficiently serious and professional demeanour for just about long enough to convince my boss!!

Admittedly, holding on to it had been significantly more of a challenge than getting it in the first place 😳

PS

I didn't say he done it, I said he was acquitted!