Pathetic workrate of rail arb gang

forestgough

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to work on the rails and to be honest we worked fairly hard most of the time, mibbee different if u work for a big company on big jobs. My boss just subbed to the big boys and generally priced jobs so 'x' per m, or so many man days per job, sometimes they'd tell u if going to fast but usually things were tight and u were pushing to get them done

Most nightshifts where on priced jobs so u really had to get them done in the shift/s or else it would be a real struggle/impossible to do 'green zone'

Most of the night shifts i done were fairly hard going occasionally if it was job and knock u might get away a couple of hrs early but u have knocked ur pan in to do it quickier.

Think i done about 4 years of rail work sometimes FT and sometimes just night shifts i only ever had 1 night shift cancelled that we got paid for (paperwork error, but considering we had had the same closure for weeks should off been no excuse)

Must admt my mate drives a Road Railer and the ammount of wasted shifts he does is amazing, it will be the norm for his machine to only work 1-2hrs most night shifts, think his record was 8 night shifts without his machine ever moving. Absolutely scandalous on the big jobs no one sems to have a clue

Sometimes we get price work or we get a job that's say 20 shifts so if we get it done 10 days we've had double bubble

Turned up to a job in December and it had already been done so we just went home and had 5 shifts each out it

Don't get me wrong some jobs you can come undone on but then it's swings & roundabout,s

We quite often pick up work from houses backing on to the rail so that's also a nice bit of bounce

A few months ago I got paid to move 40 tonne of hard wood from site stuff

I hope your boss is not a member of arbtalk

Well take yourself into a quiet corner of yr welfare van and dry your eyes...

Hopefully it won't upset your ability to do nothing on your next shift.

Frankly, most of what you've gloated about I find sickening and I'm sure the long suffering fair paying public that incur annual fair rises and Internationally renowned PPoor service from the rail networks would be similarly appalled by the insight you have provided into the uncontrolled operating costs which must be a significant factor in the annual fair rises.

To be fair, ithink the tree work is a drop in the ocean compared to other costs. Though they do all add up.