Sky tv so poor over christmas, best alternative?

flatyre

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do away with SKY . Get a Zgemma box and live stream everything to your TV . All Sky channels , BT sport etc etc etc . Price of box plus a one off payment of something like £20 for the " gift " ( setting up box and loading Sky menu page ) Box about £150 .

Do away with SKY . Get a Zgemma box and live stream everything to your TV . All Sky channels , BT sport etc etc etc . Price of box plus a one off payment of something like £20 for the " gift " ( setting up box and loading Sky menu page ) Box about £150 .

I use iptv using a fire tv box and pay £10 a month and get everything including ppv. Use kodi for on demand stuff. Haven't heard much about zgemma but am aware it exists. Is it better any ongoing fees and easy to setup?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

£55/month!?

I can't remember the last time I switched our TV on.

I've watched about twenty hrs of TV over the last ten years....

Two monitors on my PC is about right, one for utube, news or whatever research I might be engaged in.. and the other for the occasional game I might play....

I use iptv using a fire tv box and pay £10 a month and get everything including ppv. Use kodi for on demand stuff. Haven't heard much about zgemma but am aware it exists. Is it better any ongoing fees and easy to setup?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

The £20 is the set up fee and a years " gift " . So everything you can get on Sky , BT , Kodi , Mobro , PPV etc etc etc for Initial box cost and £20 / year . Some people use 2x servers as a back up .

Freeview is wonderful because it's free.... err, not free.... the amount of TV advertising is doing my nut in & I couldn't bring myself to lining Murdochs pocket.

We're pondering only having TV at weekends.

Xmas TV has been particularly crud this year.

BBC News is a massive UKGov brainwash program.

Should get the guitar out and piss the neighbours off so they can turn their TV's up, so I can turn the AC30 up, so they can turn their TV UP.... but my AC30 GOES ALL THE WAY UP TO 11 (+TOP BOOST +BIG MUFF).

I win!!

cheers, steve

Freeview is wonderful because it's free.... err, not free.... the amount of TV advertising is doing my nut in & I couldn't bring myself to lining Murdochs pocket.

We're pondering only having TV at weekends.

Xmas TV has been particularly crud this year.

BBC News is a massive UKGov brainwash program.

Should get the guitar out and piss the neighbours off so they can turn their TV's up, so I can turn the AC30 up, so they can turn their TV UP.... but my AC30 GOES ALL THE WAY UP TO 11 (+TOP BOOST +BIG MUFF).

I win!!

cheers, steve

Just pips my Fender Tweed then :001_smile:

TV? Don't touch the stuff.... wife and I decided to do without a telly for the first year of marriage so we could focus on our ourselves and build a good relationship. That was five years ago and we never bothered to get one.

We have a telly but we just use it to watch DVD's it's not connected to anything.

I thought i was really going to miss the telly..,, but I didn't.. at all.