TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

22 hours ago, Mark J said:
WWW.POLITICO.COM

Steve Bannon has strong links with Peter Thiel. They both promote far right ideology. Russel Brand is on Thiel's bankroll. 

Both Johnson and Farage have strong links to Bannon. 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/donald-trump-steve-bannon-peter-thiel-214490/

Peter Thiel led the steering committee of The Bilderburg group. 

How anyone can think that Farage, Trump, Johnson, and Brand are anything other than puppets of the deep state,  is beyond my level of comprehension.

There must be multiple Deep States then. Trump does a lot of complaining about being being stripped of his power by the Deep State, as does Truss. I don't hear anything Brand says, but I imagine it's also the same thing that he would whine about. Presumably that was all the bad DS, not the good one that they work for.

2 hours ago, GarethM said:

Bullying is something that's missing in today's schools, it's what hardens you and makes you more resilient.

Just want to step in here and say F... off with that.

F... right off.

Mods sorry if you have to ban me (again) sorry to make work for you; I realise you have standards, but certain things sometimes have to be said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Yournamehere said:

Just want to step in here and say F... off with that.

F... right off.

Mods sorry if you have to ban me (again) sorry to make work for you; I realise you have standards, but certain things sometimes have to be said.

You know you've just reinforced my argument, snowflakes and most activists have zero emotional control!.

Maybe instead of having a little paddy & stomping your feet, you form an actual argument or has gentle parenting ruined you ?.

I wonder why male suicide is a lot higher than women and why they don't open up about mental health issues. Can't be anything to do with 'manning up' and taking that abuse that comes with it?

In a world of hard manual labour there was a certain necessity to create 'hard' boys and young adults regardless of mental health. Technology and machinery has all but eliminated manual labour (current forum excepted - I can appreciate the irony of me saying this here), there is no need to bully and belittle in Schools - or the workplace and wider society - to create tough boys - it does no one any good and is a detriment to todays society I think.

If you want to use the term man up, it's about swallowing what the world throws at you and keep on going without loosing your cool.

It's not about creating hard men it's about creating individual resilience, the ability to deal with whatever is thrown at you, when even the army asks your pronouns we know the slippery slope is more a vertical drop.

Maybe we should make mandatory bullying a part of the curriculum. 40 minutes twice weekly. But where would we find the kind of teacher willing to deliver such a monstrous lesson?

Oh, now it all falls into place. Is that the part of education you were hoping to get into? Roughing up the theatre kids and beating all the left-handed?

8 minutes ago, peds said:

Maybe we should make mandatory bullying a part of the curriculum. 40 minutes twice weekly. But where would we find the kind of teacher willing to deliver such a monstrous lesson?

Oh, now it all falls into place. Is that the part of education you were hoping to get into? Roughing up the theatre kids and beating all the left-handed?

Better than teaching them that the world ending and on fire, like you would!.

You've obviously never worked in a workshop or large low paid organisation prior to 2008, no bullying but plenty of taking the P**s.

Taking the piss - where deserved and banter is one thing, fair and even and to all, but a systematic single out of an individual to be the butt of all banter, all piss takes isn't.

If your children came in and told you they didn't want to go to school any more because another child or group was bullying them, what would you do? Force the child to school with no changes made because 'it is good for them to suffer' yet knowing that your child sitting in fear in the class room is never going to bring the best out of them, they'll never fulfil their potential? But life lesson learnt.

(As an edit, and a side comment, there is millions spent every year on child mental health professionals dealing with exactly this - the school refusers because of bullying, that is millions that could be spent on proper doctors and nurses!)

Edited by Steven P

As usual you and Peds always have to go to the absolute extremes, where did I say extremes ?.

Where did I advocate beating or beasting?.

The answer for those that can't read, is I didn't you just automatically assumed it.

As for the bs extreme scenario, I came out fine. Those that did the beating mostly ended up drunk, druggies or prison.

• Like 2