Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

I’ve got the jamson poles, bloody excellent once they wear they flex at the joints but some of mine are 6 years old. I quite regularly get 40’ of pole slid up a tree, you need a second pair of hands to put each section on as you slide them up!

That lopper head on the AUS looks the same as my Bahco pradines head. I reckon it's pretty good, I've just got it on the 3 section telescopic pole so a lot less cost than that set. Thing is the blade enters the cut from below so long overhangs don't work well, you just need to do those in a couple of bits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

That lopper head on the AUS looks the same as my Bahco pradines head. I reckon it's pretty good, I've just got it on the 3 section telescopic pole so a lot less cost than that set. Thing is the blade enters the cut from below so long overhangs don't work well, you just need to do those in a couple of bits.

Yeah, the head on the AUS set is bahco, the Jameson one looks much more capable. I have an avenue of Maples to re-lollipop shortly and need the set primarily for this, and setting my climbing line high in dense conifer, Jameson also do a big shot attachment for their poles. 
I think I’ll go with the Jameson, thanks for the input guys. 

My vote goes to AUS, light, flexible to a degree and insulated! Regularly had 20 upright! The pulleyed parrots beak Pruners were good for 3" and we made a device so we could mount a 21" Sandvik saw! The poles would wear or occasionally split in heavy work but we just trimmed them down and redrilled the button slot! I reckon I had 5 sets with 30 in a bag and local boatyard did the bags using curtainside sheeting! 

• Like 1