Combi Can ?

Jonesie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to get an idea of what the most popular Combi Cans are out in the field. Do you guys use a Husky Orange, Stihl Clear or Oregon clear, and why?

Thanks in advance.:001_smile:

We seem to have stihl not sure why but I remeber someone I work with saying that stilh messed up the measurement of were the line is for the 5 litres? Think this may of been on older cans and may have sorted now.

Like stihls anti spill cans thoguh

not tried the oregon. used to always use the husky, probably because it looks nicer tbh, but havent swtiched to the stihl id never go back. firstly, the non spill spouts last way longer than the husky ones which seem to break every few weeks unless you treat them like cotton wool, also the angle of the filling hole on the husky can means you cant put a funnel in them and fill them easily, end up propping them up at an angle against a wall with a foot against it to balance it whilst you fill it up...the stihl faces vertical so can be filled in its normal standing position.

I have a really old Jonsered can which is the same design as the newer Husky ones. I found the seal washers didn't last long on the Stihl cans so although they seem more sturdy they didn't take that long to start dripping if they fell over?

I know what you mean about the angled top on them though. In that regard the Stihl can is much easier to fill and it's also nice to be able to see the fuel in the clear can so you don't over do it.

I do like being able to turn the spout on the Husky/Jonsered inside the can to keep it clean when it gets chucked in the chip at the end of the day.

i have tried the stihl clear, husky orrange , and the Oregon red, personally the stihl cans are easy to store due to their cube like shape but i do find the the fillers break for a pass time and have found that as the cans get to about two years old they start to leak from thecorners on the base of the can - this is because they are made too thinly IMO and finally we do tend to find that the stihl cans can be a pain in the arse to fill the smaller huskys with (357) , the husky cans are much more durable but i find that the filler tends to stick after a while but other than that i can not complain. as for the oregon can it tends to stay in the yard untill we need more than 6 cans of fuel but it does accept the stihl filer caps and all in all is an ok fuel can . if stihl were to sort out the filler caps and the thin corners on the base of the cans then i would not hessitate in only using them but i think in future i will buy the oregon cans and use the stihl filer caps that we have

husky cans

sthil one nozles too big or awkward for pole saws

we have a stihl one for fuelling up in depot before we go out and husky ones in vehicles

just seem nicer to us or maybe we are just stuck in our ways

though the nozzles do only last us about 9 months but there not dear

I have always had stihl clear ones, as i got one then got the auto spouts, then pierced the can but kept the spouts so had another stihl etc etc. I do reckon the orange husky ones are better, but IME and what others tell me, the fillers are the mutts on the stihl.......unless you drop a lump of oak on the oil filler that someone has cut and left leaning up against the tree you are felling and it bounces and flies towards your can.......can you send me one down please justin....Ta.

Oh and i promise to cross your palm with silver asap..