fantastic work ethics

greatdane

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a tidy up a couple of years ago where Connie's had been topped by about twenty feet, the old lady thought they'd tidied up really well. However she got a letter from the council as they had simply felled these twenty foot lumps into the park behind her fence and left them where they fell. Surprisingly when I jumped up what remained to tidy up the feathers every top had been back cut and ripped of not a gob or hinge in sight.

So yes it happens and always will while gullible people accepted quotes from tradesmen who knock on doors to find work.

Elderly family members of mine needed some pointing done on a low but long wall. Just here and there, not the whole length. I would have done it for nothing, providing they paid for materials, maybe 2 bags of cement and sand. There was also the need for a mild bit of pruning of established plants, to enable better access to the back of the wall. But nothing more than would normally be done for over-wintering of said plants.

Instead he gets a jobbing builder acquaintance to do it on a day rate. This scum tore out a 25' run of lavender that was still in bloom, 5 standard roses, an 8' dia. ball of honeysuckle and a whole 30+' of peony border that was over 25yrs. old.

Didn't ask before he cut the lot to ground level. He then dug what remained and dumped it on their established herb garden. Oh. And he mixed up in a bucket, instead of using a mixer, because as he told them, it would be easier. Took 5+wks to trash their garden and brush over the wall with weak cement. God only knows what they paid. I did ask but I think they were embarrassed that they'd been taken for a rough ride.

Not quite in the same league as some of these posts, but enough to give me the right hump.

I live at the end of a Cul de sac our main garden is fenced off from a small wooded area that we own & a few weeks ago I caught our regular chimney sweep parked up throwing bags of soot in our wooded area.

After a few choice words from me, he trampled through the brambles to get them.

You could cal the police but I suspect that no names or phone numbers or emails were exchanged I also highly doubt the contractor left an invoice for payment. I also suspect the transit used for the job is probably registered at a spurious address and is being used to ply it's owners trade/scam elsewhere in the country or Europe. I could however be wrong and before I get fingers pointed I'm not blaming travellers or gypsies or aliens or immigrants it could be bloody anyone out on the make!

I had to chuckle to myself yesterday, we were treeing in a lady's garden and when she brought the coffees out I asked her who had cut her hedge, ( I'd noticed someone had really hacked into her Connie hedge and there wasn't a straight 12 inches in it anywhere. )Apparently this was the work of a door knocker, she had asked him first to dig her flower border but to pot up some things she wanted to keep. After he'd gone and been paid she went out and had a look to see he'd dug the lot in but had potted up some dandelions.

today i was told of the most blatent bit of cheek by folk ,they evidently cleared a garden and reduced some trees,loaded their van/pick up,drove to the bottom of the road and tipped the lot into someone elses drive,this all happened in the road i live in,can it get any worse?

Could have been worse.

They could have tipped it in your drive :lol: