Timberwolf Fins and flywheel bearings

Dean Lofthouse

I would be very happy if i only had half of the knowledge you have dean :thumbup1: Any idea why the fins sheared off?

A Couple of days before it happened Tom, my mate had lent out to someone he knows who had some stuff to clear who was not a Tree Surgeon and didn't have a clue, it came back with the blades absolutely trashed. So I suspect alsorts had been shoved through it.

New fins had been fitted in the past also because the wrong bolts had been used and one bolt had 4 washers on it which in itself would have put the flywheel well out of balance

Any idea why the fins sheared off?

cos there cheap alloy and not steel, heard of a few doing this and the fins aint cheap either.

You really don't like TW, do you mate :001_rolleyes:

Did your wife run off with one of their sales men or something??:001_tt2:

cos there cheap alloy and not steel, heard of a few doing this and the fins aint cheap either.

You really don't like TW, do you mate :001_rolleyes:

Did your wife run off with one of their sales men or something??:001_tt2:

LOL, took a while to get a reaction, but i got it...... Dave, there ok for the money, they chip and parts are easy to get, i just dont rate the build of various parts of the machine, bearings and blower fine but to name just 2. i would have one but would look at other machines first. can understand why people run them.

NO the wife is still here, she been told, run off with a chipper man and she better make it Greenmech, she's used to a bit of quality you know ..............:lol:

Good job and an excellent walk through in replacing bearings.:thumbup1:

But Jesus they are some poor bearings they use!

Am I right in thinking that if it isnt setup up right (as per your info) the load on the bearings will end up with the shaft spinning inside the bearings or will it just cause premature bearing failure?

Good job and an excellent walk through in replacing bearings.:thumbup1:

But Jesus they are some poor bearings they use!

Am I right in thinking that if it isnt setup up right (as per your info) the load on the bearings will end up with the shaft spinning inside the bearings or will it just cause premature bearing failure?

The bearing are quite well clamped so shouldn't spin unless they lock up solid but they will fail very quickly if not shimmed correctly