Pricing risk vs time

Djvicke1

To me it is clear that one should keep the customer informed, & explain;

(i) Plan "A" is quick, cheap but risky, your household insurance or mine, for any damage arising.(And allowing for an insurance claim has to carry a price cost)

Good luck with that.

Once the 'orangery' is flattened, there is no chance that the property owners insurance will be coughing up.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps keep the quote content a little vague as to method of removal. If you then decide to fell the tree when you have thrown some weight off it alarm bells wont ring in the customers tiny little time vs cost counter.

Bob

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance.

Treementia, afflicting those that keep felling the wrong trees.

Some of our kit http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...how/aspenworld

Bob, isn't 'Treementia' when you rock up at someone house, and you can't for the life of you remember why you are there?

Not read through the thread but I havent a clue on what you are on about!

You price a job and thats it. If I price and its X amount, when it comes to pay its X amount, unless ive killed the cat then I might charge a bit more but in general it doesnt matter what you do as long as you do it right and don't con them in the first place. IE, its a tricky job and I will need 43 men and two cranes so its £450 million pounds to remove your elderberry Mrs Miggins.

I give a price for the finished job, be very clear about what that will be and manage the clients expectations, I.E. "We will remove the tree to near ground level, removing all arising, leaving the site clean and tidy. There will some marks on the lawn, but not major damage, there will be no damage to walls, fences, etc"

If upon completion they question the price I ask which part of the job has not been completed.

Quite a good read this thread... Anyway, price accordingly I think we all know whether you can straight fell or whether you're gonna need a GRCS.. I think Gary said this earlier on as well, but we once had a guy moaning about the cost because it only took a day; he thought in his DIY, accountant brain that it was going to take 3 days! When we posed the question "Would it be ok for us to charge more if it took 4 days instead of 3?" He paid within the next couple of days!