X-Cut

Jamlala

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they haven't spent this much money for it not to compete with the best...... its good!

How much money did they spend on development of the t540xp and 560xp then?

About £8.50 I reckon because mine was shite after a few months.

How do you know it's good?

Let us guess, you work for Husqvarna but probably indirectly.

What a load of shite.

Marketing shite for sure.

It might be better than their bars though :lol:

They are all at it though. Had a chat with the Oregon chap at the APF and from what I could make out their new super duper chain is pretty much the same as before but they sharpen it properly unlike before. Oh and its got some extra groove to help the oiling as though this was such a big issue before.

Had a chat with the Oregon chap at the APF and from what I could make out their new super duper chain is pretty much the same as before but they sharpen it properly unlike before. Oh and its got some extra groove to help the oiling as though this was such a big issue before.

With the size of these companies could they not come out with a new concept of how a chainsaw cuts wood? Actual proper innovation??

In climbing there are all sorts that have come out and continue to come out - SRT variations, the zigzag etc etc

With chainsaw chain it seems the equivalent of bringing out slightly different rope material for the same VT hitch....

;)

Personally, I'm a big fan of most things husky in spite of having lots of trouble with the early 550xp s. My 560 has behaved impeccably for over a year of felling work apart from worm gear thread stripping and the clutch springs have a tendency to break, the only time my t540 missed a beat it was only a matter of tightening the bolts on the barrel. Their bars seem to have been majorly improved in the last year and no longer appear to made of folded tin foil. I'm by no means convinced by the vids (why all arborists not foresters/fellers?) and would like to see how they perform for myself but all my .325s are 1.5mm, so I guess it'll be awhile. The OPs profile clearly states he/she's a husky uk rep so maybe dish out the odd bar n chain for some of us to trial? If they're that good what's to lose?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk