How much are your logs

Dean Lofthouse

This whole area is a minefield, sprinkled generously with idiots.

You will always get wingers, I have had 2 that I can remember: one who ordered a bulk bag, which i delivered in the bag, once I had tipped it out he said "is that all you get"

The other who complained that the logs burned too fast, on further questioning it turned out he liked the ones that hiss and burn for ages to make the coal last longer.

The way I see it demand outstrips supply, so just leave the muppets to it and let them go elsewhere.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not work out a price per log?

say you get 75/80 ish in a bag and sell it for £25 then divide it up and tell customer how much it is per log!!! make sure you always get minimum in each bag then you can garuntee x amount of logs:sneaky2:

how many logs would you like?

delivered in 100/ 200/ or 500 logs at 20p each say.

you could then do a deal BOGOF or something

you could then goto the small log at 10p

or the medium log at 12p

or the big bugger for 15p

yea i know it takes more cost to produce smaller logs .:lol:

Imagine the phone calls with that lot on offer:lol::lol:

one lady we delivered to said she couldnt get our logs to burn on her brand new woodburner - when we went into the immaculate front room, she was putting on one big lump of dry beech from us and trying to light it with a match! - when I pointed out she needed some paper and sticks or a firelighter - she said - oh if I knew it was going to be this messy I wouldnt have installed it - it was only that the mothers at preschool had all got one that Ive put one in - unbelievable hey ....

why not work out a price per log?

say you get 75/80 ish in a bag and sell it for £25 then divide it up and tell customer how much it is per log!!! make sure you always get minimum in each bag then you can garuntee x amount of logs:sneaky2:

how many logs would you like?

delivered in 100/ 200/ or 500 logs at 20p each say.

you could then do a deal BOGOF or something

you could then goto the small log at 10p

or the medium log at 12p

or the big bugger for 15p

yea i know it takes more cost to produce smaller logs

Imagine the phone calls with that lot on offer:lol::lol:

BUT ONE GET ONE FREE????????????

BE BANKRUPT NEXT YEAR LOL:001_tt2:

im in this to put bread on the table.. not keeping the population cosy through the winter......

...she said - oh if I knew it was going to be this messy I wouldnt have installed it - it was only that the mothers at preschool had all got one that Ive put one in - unbelievable hey ....

Priceless - but unfortunately a lot of the 'new woodburner brigade' will be just like this. They read 'lifestyle' magazines, see that woodburning is 'carbon neutral' "ooh yes - I'm sooo green!" , go and buy a stove that's slightly more expensive than their neighbours and then wonder why it involves more work than simply turning the gas fire on.

However, if the learned members of this forum want to make some more money out of firewood by selling to these numpties, you're going to have to put up with this sort of attitude, or ignore them and simply stick to your regulars.