Would you climb it.

colwoodlandcare

T'was in brackets.

Tell me another way of describing that feeling of rocking backwards and forwards after getting off a narrow boat.

Sorry eggs, only kidding!

My definition of " sea legs" would be when you have gotten used to the motion of the vessel and are comfortable rolling about on the sea, you would then be said to have " found your sea legs' 👍

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T'was in brackets.

Tell me another way of describing that feeling of rocking backwards and forwards after getting off a narrow boat.

Getting into bed after 12 beers?

That might be my bedmate kicking me actually.

Funnily enough I went deep sea fishing a few years ago. I caught a few Guernard (sp?) while being extremely smug about everyone else bagging up over the side.

Soon as I hit terra firma I went white as a sheet and barely managed to stagger back to my apartment!

Been subbie for couple of local firms last couple of years mate.Safe to say climbing in the real world does take your skills and productivity to a new level,although ive seen some right cowboys too.

Dunno if i could climb at that pace 4/5 days a week though-it would kill me

How old and how many fags a day?

44 and gave up the fags 2 years ago,still smoke when im pissed ha!

44, you're buggered then!

I reckon if I worked for a firm where they told me how to do a job safely I'd probably walk. Mind you I did consider the council for a while as a cosy kind of life. No offence meant.

Reminds me when I dismantled an ash tree for a friend, he sorted the genie from another friend as a favour,told him you pilot and I cut which was fine until I cut a lump off with a small peg this caught on the basket giving a bit of a rock looked round mate on the floor shouting we are going over,never new he was afraid of heights.one for the climbers though I'm a land lubber now but I did climb a tree the other week for the first time in ages,It hurt bad, still is.

Oh its right cosy mate just frustrating having to follow regulations to the letter day in day out.

Council as with most across the land are top heavy with office/knob jockies

I'm the opposite end of the spectrum I reckon. Drop me a pm (or a beer at the APF) if you want to compare pro's and cons!

Are you sayin council tree surgeons are not pro's...?

Theres 2 guys in our crew who could keep up with any climber on these pages.

Im the first too admit the council have a lot of failings but our guys are skilled,experienced and work bloody hard.

Rant over :001_smile:

Not as such but certainly, heavily tied down with red tape. Which diminishes their performance. I have a good mate who works for the council, he's good at climbing work. He has been stressed/fed up for a long time with it. These days he isn't on the tools.

My argument is , if the climbers are kept grounded, they like athletes lose fitness, won't be as effective up there and by getting in the "pros" they absolve responsibity, leaving their team "safe" the other contractors working practise is less of responsibility.

Good for you working with lads that graft. Our local council tree lads work ethic is what the butt of council worker jokes are unfortunately. Almost to a point of disbelief. No offence to you[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk