Electric bench sharpeners

Swampster

Not got a clue as I don`t have one, it was just a heads up for anyone that was interested.:001_smile:

I sharpen mine by hand anyway ...

I got mine, didn't think to look on YouTube for a "how to" video but still managed to set it up and have sharpened a fair few chains, so it can't be that hard. That being said, I suspect I take too much off each tooth so am now off to find a YouTube vid to see how to do it properly (allegedly!)

Anyone got one of the oregon mini bench grinders? They are around £200 If so what do you think of it?

I have one . They are very good , some plastic parts and a bit overpriced but a good tool.

I use a hand held Oregon sharpener too , with stones .

Works off the cigar lighter and it's brilliant.

Using that and a hand file keeps chains extremely sharp.

I have used the full size oregon bench grinders on really knackered chains but even then always preferred hand filing.

After a nightmare job the other week with a stem full of nails and metalwork i am going to give something a bit more mechanical a try.

I always take a little knock in vice when out on site which are great to get a job done but can be a bit of a faff.

I have seen a few with these little 12v grinders, i always looked at them as a bit of a diy tool rather than something a pro would use however, now im starting to feel the strain a bit more im open to anything which makes the job easier.

Think ill buy a bench grinder for really bad chains at home and a 12v for the pick up.

How long do the stones last on the little grinders?

Just had a trip to Lidl and got the £19.99 Florabest bench sharpener, just had a quick look whilst back at the office and for under £20 it looks pretty fair. Even has a little LERD so you can sharpen in the dark. Plastics are thick and strong, base casting looks ok and the wheel appears of a reasonable quality, all the adjusters are sturdy and accurate. It does 1/4" 0.325 and 3/8 chains. Will let you know more after I have tried it in anger, been saving a couple of chains to test on.

S.

Just had a trip to Lidl and got the £19.99 Florabest bench sharpener, just had a quick look whilst back at the office and for under £20 it looks pretty fair. Even has a little LERD so you can sharpen in the dark. Plastics are thick and strong, base casting looks ok and the wheel appears of a reasonable quality, all the adjusters are sturdy and accurate. It does 1/4" 0.325 and 3/8 chains. Will let you know more after I have tried it in anger, been saving a couple of chains to test on.

S.

I just picked one up too but not even opened it yet. Hopefully it does the job.