How do i take on Ebay?

Arbtech Tree Services

Once the auction is over, both the seller and winning bidder get the others details, its simply a matter of pressing the right buttons, I had to do it when the buyer "cocked" in the purchase of my timber trailer.

So why would ebay refuse to release details that the buyer already has access to?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the seller has written through ebay messages, and not on an unrecorded phonecall 'not selling at that price, worth double' then a screenshot of the ebay message maybe would stand up in court - a legal professional would know.

I could image when e.g a vintage e type jag ended at tens of thousands less than what similar examples have recently sold for, it is the sellers fault for not putting a reserve.

For thousands of pounds it would perhaps be worth the effort getting legal professionals, for a few hundred, maybe not unless you really want to teach him a lesson.

Thanks for all your replies, my quest continues.

Don't suppose anyone on here knows uk.mckin in Bridgwater who was selling this (Ebay have not and will not release his details) -

5976719821786_PDPX7ShellPack.jpg.02df278c275bd285bd37e9b624fa44ea.jpg

Find contact information

You can request another member's contact information if you've been involved in a transaction with them recently

eBay Search: Advanced Search

Unfortunately all I get is this -

Unable to access contact information

Unfortunately, you are unable to access the contact information you requested. This can be due to a number of reasons:

1. To better protect the privacy of eBay users, you can only request contact information for eBay users who are involved in your recent, successful transactions. Examples are:

•Sellers can request the contact information for the buyer in successfully closed transactions.

•Buyers can request the contact information for a seller in successfully closed transactions.

2. The item number entered is not associated with the User ID that was entered. View the item you entered and make sure the item number and User ID you entered are correct.

3. The item number you entered is no longer available. Contact information is only available while the item is accessible on eBay.

4. The user you are requesting contact information for is an international user. Due to international laws, contact information for international users may be limited.

If you would like to contact this user, you can send a message via our email forwarding system by clicking on their User ID.

So the seller sent me this before the auction ended -

Hi Steve

Thanks for your message

Collection and cash is fine. What is your bid and how much are you offering?

Cheers

All the best

Then after I won it -

Hi Steve

Sorry but I am not going to sell the kit at £185 price it is worth twice as much.

I have now removed the kit from Ebay.

Thanks for your interest

All the best

Followed by -

Hello Steve

I do not wish to complete the transaction and have removed the item from Ebay. I have also contacted Ebay to this fact.

Thanks for your interest

All the best

Then today I get this from Ebay -

Your order was cancelled

Hello,

We want to let you know that uk.mckin cancelled your order and mentioned the reason as The buyer asked to cancel the order or there's an issue with the buyer's address.

Keep in mind that an unpaid item can be recorded on your account and result in future restrictions to your account.

You don't need to do anything else.

Seller: uk.mckin ( 7 )

Item title Price

P&P price

Quantity Item total

Drum Kit ( 322212049884 )

No payment has been made. £184.99 - 1 £184.99

Estimated delivery: Fri. Aug. 12

Subtotal £184.99

Total £184.99

What a joke.

Regards,