Rio Olympics

Mesterh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Olympics is about the only time I watch sport (without an engine). Shame it's a different time zone - the highlights of the opening ceremony looked amazing as always and I would've liked to watch live. I'll probably watch a few of the events, what bits I've caught so far seem good, especially that bike course.

Personally I like to see professionals competing alongside amateurs, it should be the best athletes in the world regardless of their background and the 'amateurs' have normally been training full time anyway.

I hope Britain gets a few medals but I can't see us getting close to a home games tally.

I totally agree it should be the 'best of the best' but it's a tough line to draw.

Personally I have no interest in Olympic golf or football.

I like boxing, but letting pros in would ruin it.

Olympic tree takedowns, boozing and shagging should be included.

One day event.

I totally agree it should be the 'best of the best' but it's a tough line to draw.

Personally I have no interest in Olympic golf or football.

I like boxing, but letting pros in would ruin it.

Olympic tree takedowns, boozing and shagging should be included.

One day event.

I'm not sure I could manage to cut down trees and booze for 23hrs and 59 minutes. :blushing::biggrin:

Hi ,

Thought i should chime in on this thread seen as I've been reading arb talk during the down time at work.

p><p>currently on the take down of the opening ceremony in Rio, I

any way mosquitos die off over the winter months.

the problem with rio is the underline poverty meaning there is a awful lot of crime. from pick pocketing to hold ups involving weapons, and these happen fairly frequently,

what I've actually experienced during the last 8 week

x2 pick pockets got wallets from me and a colleague.

x6 bank card frauds

x2 bag thefts from the beach

x2 pair of flip flops

x1 pair of shorts

also saw a dead police officer in a shooting we just drove past in a taxi .

and last night during the opening ceremony the fevela was on fire behind the stadium and it never once got mentioned.

thats my two pence from boots on the ground.

FYI, the 40+ persons that came into Florida alone were women that were infected from various parts of the Caribbean and central, south america. Now these people will become in all likelihood wards of the state along with their off spring. 12 cases of the Zika virus have now been confirmed in the Miami area. This is not media hype this is actual fact and shows that the virus is mutating and will continue to with many new host to spread it. I find it difficult to believe that the virus has been around for 40 years only now spreading into North America, at least known reported cases in the US. Take care of your self, you may want to have a blood test done before you return, just in case your carrying the virus and are not aware of it.

easy-lift guy

Tbh, I can't really see the point of watching people run/ swim/row/ jump etc... It just seems a bit boring....

The only good part is watching birds in tight Lycra.

Agreed, it's all silly, there's already been a serious wrist injury in the women's volleyball, luckily I'm ambidextrous so ready for the final.