Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Anyone just heard Trump speaking about the latest school shooting?

Not a mention of guns!

He said Mental health seemed to be the problem. I wonder where he got that speil from?

18 School shootings already this year in the good ol' USofA (That stat blew my mind). 

No problem with Everyman and his dog having a gun. It's all down to mental health problems.

Have the Americans not got a mental health issue with gun ownership so making the problem the same thing?[emoji16]

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Anyone just heard Trump speaking about the latest school shooting?

Not a mention of guns!

He said Mental health seemed to be the problem. I wonder where he got that speil from?

18 School shootings already this year in the good ol' USofA (That stat blew my mind). 

No problem with Everyman and his dog having a gun. It's all down to mental health problems.

Bad news Mr E.

I can help wondering if 17 in 1 sitting is badder or less badder than tens of thousands of deaths and injuries annually https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

(still not mailed, will get wife to wrap and post, she's less busierer than me)

14 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

I love catching up with this thread its really cheers me up...:001_huh:

My opinion on the Africa subject,ive been to mogadishu..

If all of Africa is like that then its doomed and all the aid in the world wont help people who wont help themselves..

How about telling us of your experiences?

40 minutes ago, matelot said:

How about telling us of your experiences?

Spent 3 days in Mogadishu on changeover goin back to UK after some training in impala national park near kisumu in Kenya.

We werent "allowed" outside the base but we went out a couple of times.

The first was a real eye opener,the smell is totally horrendous,really really horrendous-i couldnt describe it-the people were very unfriendly and eyed us suspiciously.Some kids came over to us but were repeatedly called away by theyre elders.I dont know much about Somalia or its history but whites are looked at as being really bad news.

Ive found in my experience of globe trotting in the forces that black people and arabs are just as bigoted,racist and prejudiced against whites as some whites are of them.

Its sad lookin back on that now because i was young and i didnt understand the fact that perhaps thise people saw us as just another western army passing through there city/country but not helping them.

To me it looked as if no one was pro active in trying to improve the situation,the men were quite happy to sit around smoking and pissing on street corners.

Kenya was dry,very very very hot but beautiful,espescially lwangi beach.

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Bad news Mr E.

I can help wondering if 17 in 1 sitting is badder or less badder than tens of thousands of deaths and injuries annually https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

(still not mailed, will get wife to wrap and post, she's less busierer than me)

I heard a bloke on the wireless today say something like this, don't quote me on the numbers, but it went a bit like this. "I've reported on the 1st', 3rd, 7th, and Ninth worst school shootings in American history,  and I've only been reporting here for two years.

3 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

I love catching up with this thread its really cheers me up...:001_huh:

My opinion on the Africa subject,ive been to mogadishu..

If all of Africa is like that then its doomed and all the aid in the world wont help people who wont help themselves..

Come on people, you're much cleverer than this.

• Like 1