Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Thats gonna bite em on the backside!

There was a courier on LBC this morning talking about it. He couldn't find any cover for his two week holiday in the sun, he was fined 15 hundred quid!

Something is really really wrong.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Confused 1

Initially I thought it was outrageous and was all ready to start checking couriers of future items purchased and making an effort to boycott DPD.

Then reading further it does sound like there is another side to this. It sounds like they fine drivers who just leave them in the shit with no reason to do so rather than they actually just throw fines around. Dunno for sure though but I don't think it's quite as bad as the posing widow would have us beleive. 

• Like 1

Erm, presumably this is all in the Contract of Employment one signed?

I actually, to some extent sympathise with the Employer, purely based on my Local Government experience, and the constant flagrant abuse of the very generous sickness benefits afforded to all staff.

Who, by and large, proper ripped the arse outta it, simply because they could.

Btw. the employer will have contractural obligations to fufill, no doubt with cost penalties attatched.

So?

Who pays?

mth

31 minutes ago, difflock said:

Erm, presumably this is all in the Contract of Employment one signed?

I actually, to some extent sympathise with the Employer, purely based on my Local Government experience, and the constant flagrant abuse of the very generous sickness benefits afforded to all staff.

Who, by and large, proper ripped the arse outta it, simply because they could.

Btw. the employer will have contractural obligations to fufill, no doubt with cost penalties attatched.

So?

Who pays?

mth

Except their self-employed, apparently.

• Like 1

Yep, not much benefit in being self employed if you can't dictate your hours. 

DPD are shit also. If a package is ever late it's always DPD

The trouble have here is both parties wont all the benefits and it can't work. Contractor wants regular, reliable work and is guaranteed it. DPD wants a regular and reliable contractor and wants it guaranteed. 

They should set up a system where you book your time off for the year at the beginning of the year. You can have whatever time you want off, as much as you want but you book it and that's it unless there is an emergency. If you don't turn up or get someone to cover without a damn good reason, you don't get employed for 6 months or something along those lines. 

• Like 1