Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I believe research has suggested the most successful people have a high IQ and for some reason are pretty lazy with it, I know it don't make sense but there you go..

I've ruminated on Boris along the same lines a time or two...  he's oft quoted as being lazy by fellow ministers... and he certainly is bright...

Its just a pity he's mucked up his calculations, he sided with brexit on account of wanting to appeal to the thousands of middle aged women in the conservative party who tend to vote right when they vote for a leader.. his appeal to that constituent forced him to go for Brexit..

I dare say he knows full well he's mucked up, and all he can do is salvage what he can.. but its all a bit to late, his machinations has attracted more than enough political enemies to keep him out the job....

Which is a pity, as I believe he'd of made a good Prime Minister...  the road to hell is laid with good intentions springs to mind...  

5 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

An article I read recently was claiming that many of the most successful people, particularly in business, had a particular character trait - a lackey of empathy for those around them.

Strangely enough this a trait shared by psychopaths. 

So maybe not stupid per se... 

edit. Charles Manson also had a cult like following:D

I think you're spot on Gary!

I had to dig back to a book I read recently and I'd like to share a passage from it.  2 reasons really, 1, because I think you're spot on with Boris and 2, that I think (if the extract is to be believed) many more of us than actually think so might share some psychopathic tendencies.  

Veronica: of the Chapman family, 2010, Freedom is more than just a seven-letter word, 2nd Ed, Milton Keynes, Tamare House.

Chapter 5: Global Elites/Psychopaths

"...I'll simply quotes ONE, verifiable, medical/genetic statistic: "One in every 25 people are born psychopathic." That's a quote from the studious works of Psychologist Andrew M. Lobaczewski.  See his book Political Ponerology: a science on the Nature of Evil Adjusted for Political Purposes (1998).

Since there are 4 x 25 in every hundred, this means 4 people in every hundred, or 4% of the total population are psychopathic.  According to my arithmetic, and taking the population of the United Kingdom as 60 million people, that means there are 2,400,000 psychopaths out there.

Does that mean 2.4 million 'axe murderers'?  Well no, not exactly, as you will see, but it does mean that there is the potential for 2.4 million 'axe murderers'.  Phychopaths-in-society tend to be much more subtle.  (And get a heck of a lot further than axe murderers, as we will see).

It all comes down to what a psychopath actually is.  Put simply it is a person who has conscience.  No compassion towards others.  No empathy towards them.  Unable to feel guilt, or shame.

How does this occur?  It occurs because of the lack of a gene in such a person's DNA. The gene that creates 'feelings towards others'..."  

The book is a fascinating read and the passage extracted above is only a snippet of the whole chapter which I found truly enlightening.  

On the off chance anyone wants a lend, I'd be happy to mail out so long as it comes back.  

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I had to dig back to a book I read recently and I'd like to share a passage from it.  2 reasons really, 1, because I think you're spot on with Boris and 2, that I think (if the extract is to be believed) many more of us than actually think so might share some psychopathic tendencies.  

Veronica: of the Chapman family, 2010, Freedom is more than just a seven-letter word, 2nd Ed, Milton Keynes, Tamare House.

"...I'll simply quotes ONE, verifiable, medical/genetic statistic: "One in every 25 people are born psychopathic." That's a quote from the studious works of Psychologist Andrew M. Lobaczewski.  See his book Political Ponerology: a science on the Nature of Evil Adjusted for Political Purposes (1998).

Since there are 4 x 25 in every hundred, this means 4 people in every hundred, or 4% of the total population are psychopathic.  According to my arithmetic, and taking the population of the United Kingdom as 60 million people, that means there are 2,400,000 psychopaths out there.

Does that mean 2.4 million 'axe murderers'?  Well no, not exactly, as you will see, but it does mean that there is the potential for 2.4 million 'axe murderers'.  Phychopaths-in-society tend to be much more subtle.  (And get a heck of a lot further than axe murderers, as we will see).

It all comes down to what a psychopath actually is.  Put simply it is a person who has conscience.  No compassion towards others.  No empathy towards them.  Unable to feel guilt, or shame.

How does this occur?  It occurs because of the lack of a gene in such a person's DNA. The gene that creates 'feelings towards others'..."  

The book is a fascinating read and the passage extracted above is only a snippet of the whole chapter which I found truly enlightening.  

On the off chance anyone wants a lend, I'd be happy to mail out so long as it comes back.  

Nothing more than psycho babble to excuse arseholery.

35 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I see no mention there of success or intelligence?