Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Wasn't aimed at you Kevin it was more towards matelot. 

It is the same rhetoric every post. It starts having the opposite effect he intends because he posts the same intention within every post. 

I have a view point somewhere between the middle and the right but I don't tell everyone about it within every post or try to hide my message within every post. 

I post varied content with with differing views on all subjects be it arb, politics or news related topics as do you, just wish others would offer the same to stop the closed minded (as you put it) tripe. 

Closed minded fits his content as it's a 1 way viewpoint every time and frankly relentless so  quite a fitting offering from you Kevin. 

3 hours ago, matelot said:

Wow! The best selling book on Amazon's UK site is the latest book from Tommy Robinson.

It's as if the general population are no longer believing the lies from mainstream media and politicians.

Well done Tommy is all I can say..

I'm almost tempted to buy it to have a read of the thing, only I doubt he hasn't said anything I haven't said or figured out some years back..

On 28/07/2017 at 16:04, matelot said:

Charlie Gard's parents are back in court because they want more time with their son. Maybe they should have spent less time in court and more time with their kid...

i can't help thinking of the people that have donated money to Great Ormond Street Hospital and wonder if they'd be happy with that money being used on lawyers and barristers... 

You really are a wanker aren't you 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Well done Tommy is all I can say..

I'm almost tempted to buy it to have a read of the thing, only I doubt he hasn't said anything I haven't said or figured out some years back..

I'll wait till Mr Johnson as read his copy then scrounge it off him.

matewithhimself does bang on to much, I'm sure he'll blame Blair/Brown for mass immigration, whilst fools like me think mass immigration started in the 1950's. If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd think it was done to surpress wages.

7 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Fair enough.

I know Mike well enough to know he would say the same to matealot's face.:001_smile:

Come on fella's, Matelot was a making a general observation, he wasn't making a personal point. 

My own opinion on the matter is professional's know better than most whats good practice and patients or their guardians aught to take heed of that advice..

I can't see the sense of making the life of a small poorly child the subject of a legal and media circus because the parents think they know best.. 

• Like 1

His parents had/have to live with any and every decision they made and the reason they went to court was to extend his life so he had every possible chance of living and they could spend more time with their son. 

As as a parent I would have done the same rightly or wrongly because the one decision I couldn't have lived with for the rest of my days would have been the one where I was ok with the drs ending my child's life. 

35 minutes ago, Mortimer Firewood said:

You really are a wanker aren't you 

From what I undertand there is no treatment that would have made baby Charlie "better". His eventual death was inevitable.

Of course maybe the doctors at one of the best children's hospitals made a mistake and this American doctor could have cured Charlie. However I understand that the American doctor hadn't examined Charlie or even read his case notes....

I bet Great Ormond Street Hospital spent a million quid on legal fees fighting this case. Maybe that money should have been spent on healthcare for sick children? I bet many GOSH doctors were tied up looking at Charlie's case. Maybe it would have been better for them to have spent  that time looking after other kids?

• Like 1