Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I went kayaking today with some mates. One is a very wealthy guy would sold a business for many millions. Some years ago he was invited to Number 11 and met Osborn.

He asked a very interesting question (IMO) what percentage of the population actually contribute more in tax than they get back in services?

I'm pretty sure I've not come close to covering my families costs, 4 births, a baby in intensive care for over a week, a child with pneumonia, a couple of operations for me, etc,etc.

Apparently only around 20% of income tax payers put more in than they take out.

Obviously all of us who pay a decent chunk are helping to a point, but we really do need those big payers, lets not take them for granted.

Edited by skyhuck

forget who mentioned it, but someone said if May resigned within a month of the election then Corbyn had a right to call another election..

got me thinking the Tories might hold off for a month then, and low and behold I just read that some senior Tories want the chancellor to take May's place as a stand in till the next election..

Might have some legs this one, perhaps May resigns out the blue in the next couple of weeks?.. I mean lets have it right, the woman's a lost cause..

Boris, give it up mate, your finished too.. he might as well piss off as well..

On Corbyn..

Needs to get off his high horse, a coalition of voters voted to kick the Tories in the nuts, they didn't vote Labour because he had anything useful to say..

I genuinely don't understand why so many adults are scared of a nice old man who doesn't want to facilitate the murder of anyone. Kin hell, he even has the audacity to advocate being nice to each other. Bastard traitor etc...

Edited by Mark J

I went kayaking today with some mates. One is a very wealthy guy would sold a business for many millions. Some years ago he was invited to Number 11 and met Osborn.

He asked a very interesting question (IMO) what percentage of the population actually contribute more in tax than they get back in services?

I'm pretty sure I've not come close to covering my families costs, 4 births, a baby in intensive care for over a week, a child with pneumonia, a couple of operations for me, etc,etc.

Apparently only around 20% of income tax payers put more in than they take out.

Obviously all of us who pay a decent chunk are helping to a point, but we really do need those big payers, lets not take them for granted.

Don't forget that the big payers employ workers that in turn pay tax, vat on most things they buy all contributing to running this country. Labour are and always have been against people working their balls off and making a success of their selves.

forget who mentioned it, but someone said if May resigned within a month of the election then Corbyn had a right to call another election..

got me thinking the Tories might hold off for a month then, and low and behold I just read that some senior Tories want the chancellor to take May's place as a stand in till the next election..

Might have some legs this one, perhaps May resigns out the blue in the next couple of weeks?.. I mean lets have it right, the woman's a lost cause..

Boris, give it up mate, your finished too.. he might as well piss off as well..

On Corbyn..

Needs to get off his high horse, a coalition of voters voted to kick the Tories in the nuts, they didn't vote Labour because he had anything useful to say..

:confused1: Where did you get that from?:confused1:

We don't vote for a PM, we vote for MP's who represent a party. In just the same way as May got the job without an election, her replacement would need no election.

I think May will stay longer than most think, but I've been wrong before.

Edited by skyhuck