Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Probably a good couple of days to avoid London like the plague. Mind you I’m sure the Met will police the event strictly without fear or favour 😂😂

IMG_0269.pngListening to the statistics for the first day of the “carnival” 3 stabbings of which one has resulted in a woman ending up in critical condition, 90 arrests and 7000 officers on duty 🤔

Edited by Johnsond
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

🤷‍♂️An all too familiar pattern it would seem, looking like a 26 year old Syrian refugee/asylum seeker is responsible for slaughtering the victims in Germany.  

IMG_0268.png

Those guys are going to be so useful now,now that its all over.

Kin clown world-

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Probably a good couple of days to avoid London like the plague. Mind you I’m sure the Met will police the event strictly without fear or favour 😂😂

IMG_0269.png

Went to Notting Hill Carnival in 87 ish.

Had a good time as it went, but they pulled my mate for drink driving and found cannabis on all of us, so down the nick we went.

I got the idea the coppers were over the moon at such an easy, compliant group of white boys to finish their shift.

We all got a caution, the driver passed his breathalyzer in the station, so we all got 2 hour long walk back to the car, through the darkening streets with burning barrels of pallet wood surrounded by big  menacing looking fellas.

We weren’t hassled though, one interaction with a huge drunk black bloke ended with him just wanting a light for his cigarette.

We were lucky I guess.

A day this country boy won’t forget.

• Like 1

Did mercifully few Carnivals in my former life.  The only memorable one was '86; stood for 8 hours in stair rods of rain 10 yards from one of the big sound systems.  I'm sure it had a permanent effect on me.  Pardon?

• Haha 1

APPLE.NEWS

Pressure has mounted for Chancellor Rachel Reeves to introduce a new road pricing...

20-25k miles per annum average I do 😞. Mrs maybe 10-12, living in a rural location with zero  public transport there is no alternative. 
What pressure !! 
Octobers budget is gonna be a kicking for self employed and small businesses for sure. Starmers ideological nutters are definitely on a post election power trip 🤮” who said something about 15 min cities “ . Mind you I better be careful uttering negatives online about the leader. 

APPLE.NEWS

A civil servant who started her career with Rachel Reeves and went on to work for her in...

😂😂 The promises of the election race regarding integrity and honesty seem to have been rapidly forgotten. 

Edited by Johnsond

I guess after watching the ruthless suppression of the so called  “ far right”recently we surely will be getting another press conference later where Starmer informs us of how he is going to bring the full force of the law to bear on the Notting Hill perpetrators, let’s face it multiple stabbings, sexual assaults, arrests, officers injured and even firearms recovered would definitely be worthy of his attention. Well you’d think so anyway 🤔

IMG_0281.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

Just seeing that one of the guys charged with cutting down the sycamore gap tree was in court today - pretrial hearing, trial due later in the year.

Apparently the tree was worth about £620k and Hadrians wall damage about £1k. The other defendant was 'excused attendance' - does that mean he is being looked after at his majesties pleasure?

(the guy charged is 38, but looked like he had a heavy paper round, but that is me just being bitchy) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

Hope he gets a decent barrister because that is an abuse of whatever tree valuation scheme was used even though it was reprehensible vandalism.

Not so sure. how much would you charge to replace it with the same species of similar size?

we had a chat few weeks back came to 3/4 million as a starting figure