Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

34 minutes ago, manco said:

so youre happy to let muslims and sikhs come and attack churches and threaten and intimidate the white british catholics? because thats what you seem to be saying.

or generally carried out a mass casualty terror arrack in the UK. 

this is what you stated, and what i specified has been going on.

once again, people try to change what theyve previously said as justification for violence and chaos.

The tyrant can always find an excuse for his tyranny.

The unjust will not listen to the reasoning of the innocent.

I never said that, you made that assumption. As I’ve said previously apply the law equally and fairly then there will be no issues. It’s that simple. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

The reason is totally irrelevant and quite frankly a stupid argument. The law is the law and unless it’s applied equally and fairly then it’s a two tier system. It’s that simple. 

I don't know the outcome of any court cases from either sets of riots - till we do - and it won't be for a while yet - how can we judge if the law has been applied equally or not?

The police system takes a while to gather all the evidence, without that court cases will fail. I suspect that we will find the laws will be applied equally to all. You might know differently of course, I suspect you are just trying to create a divisive argument (again) to further your biased view of the world

6 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

The reason is totally irrelevant and quite frankly a stupid argument. The law is the law and unless it’s applied equally and fairly then it’s a two tier system. It’s that simple. 

The reason is absolutely relevant. The Leeds riots, misguided as they were, were about children being taken from a community. The current riots are against people of colour. The very essence of what’s going on right now is hatred and intolerance. 

edit: and I do actually believe that that reasoning affects the material facts in these cases.

Edited by Mr. Squirrel
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

The difference is their actions, surely you can see that? 

I don’t remember seeing BLM protestors dragging anyone out of their cars while people screamed ‘kill them’ and ‘stab them’. I don’t remember pro Palestinian protestors looting small businesses and burning police cars. I don’t remember any of them breaking into refugee accommodation to, at the very least, scare the living shit out of some of the most vulnerable in this country. 

So while they should, and will, be held to the same standards; their actions are blatantly abhorrent in comparison. Trying to compare them to peaceful protestors just shows what a low life you are…

Apply the law equally to all sides.Why is that such a problem for you 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

The reason is absolutely relevant. The Leeds riots, misguided as they were, were about children being taken from a community. The current riots are against people of colour. The very essence of what’s going on right now is hatred and intolerance. 

So the law should be applied differently 

You realise how flawed that argument is. 
Social services were doing there job and certainly do not take removing a child lightly. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

As I mentioned above, it is too early to see if the laws have been applied equally until all the investigations are completed and criminal cases have been tried. I'd expect you can keep us up to date in an unbiased fashion for this? I'd also expect a link to news feeds at length for any non white Christians who get done for rioting and a side note for any others

10 minutes ago, Steven P said:

I don't know the outcome of any court cases from either sets of riots - till we do - and it won't be for a while yet - how can we judge if the law has been applied equally or not?

The police system takes a while to gather all the evidence, without that court cases will fail. I suspect that we will find the laws will be applied equally to all. You might know differently of course, I suspect you are just trying to create a divisive argument (again) to further your biased view of the world

How can we judge you ask ?? Try opening your eyes. I’m not being divisive I’m putting the point across to the Arbtalk far left it would seem that unless the law is applied equally without favour then there is always going to be anger at a perceived or real two tier system. Anyone who can’t see that is delusional. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Apply the law equally to all sides.Why is that such a problem for you 

I’ve never suggested that.

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

So the law should be applied differently 

You realise how flawed that argument is. 
Social services were doing there job and certainly do not take removing a child lightly. 

Nope, never said that. I’ve since said that I believe the intent behind them does affect the circumstances. But I’ve never said the law should be applied differently. I’ve merely pointed out that the mobs on the streets right now are carrying out far more serious crimes and hopefully their sentencing reflects that.

Comparing them to BLM and pro Palestinian protestors, as you did, is just ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Steven P said:

As I mentioned above, it is too early to see if the laws have been applied equally until all the investigations are completed and criminal cases have been tried. I'd expect you can keep us up to date in an unbiased fashion for this? I'd also expect a link to news feeds at length for any non white Christians who get done for rioting and a side note for any others

You can expect what you want SP but the fact still stands that the laws of this land must be applied equally regardless of race or religion. Arguing against that common sense idea is nothing but political bias. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

I’ve never suggested that.

Nope, never said that. I’ve since said that I believe the intent behind them does affect the circumstances. But I’ve never said the law should be applied differently. I’ve merely pointed out that the mobs on the streets right now are carrying out far more serious crimes and hopefully their sentencing reflects that.

Comparing them to BLM and pro Palestinian protestors, as you did, is just ridiculous. 

That is your opinion nothing more. BLM protests were peaceful were they ??