Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

14 minutes ago, Steven P said:

I missed this line last night

If one was to work with kids (or any vulnerable group, in fact anyone) and sees abuse happening it is not a matter of 'being careful what you post'. It is not a matter of turning a blind eye and walking away 'because I work with this group I'll say nothing'. Regardless of your role with the groups you work with it is a matter of professional conduct to call it out, to report it, rather than brush it under the carpet and walk away.

Look to the recent past, how many of our own, home grown celebrities have been put in jail many years after abusing children because at the time the rumours were brushed away, each victim thought they were the only one because no one was talking about it. Being 'a bit more careful' what we talked about. Out in the open and the flood gates open "they did this to me too". 

On topic of Arborists, many posts and videos out there of things going wrong, of negligence and incompetence. Many are named and shamed directly or indirectly from images, and rightly so. Don't post the video of an accident, ignore the rumours of dangerous behaviours and the perpetrator works another day. 

So no, I'll reject your claim that any of us should be careful what we post due to the works we do. I'll go the other way, because of the works we do it is our own professional conduct at stake if we do not take appropriate action.

Yep old Peds certainly has a sleazy side. 

You forget to mention the Asian grooming gangs so ignored by the cps🤷‍♂️just saying like. 
Right SP I know you absolutely live for this but I’m giving you fair warning once the tide drops to 0.8kts ( around 1500) I’m out of here, up till then I’ll easy keep the boredom at bay but from then you are on your own. Or you can follow peds around, Just prepare yourself for that ok. IMG_9481.thumb.jpeg.3102f0c05c75c8d0fa98f90d98cd523e.jpegIMG_9480.thumb.jpeg.4dd7714d80715a1851be0ecd9e46fd33.jpeg

Edited by Johnsond

7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You forget to mention the Asian grooming gangs so ignored by the cps🤷‍♂️just saying like. 

Apart from inviting Mbepe into our lives, I'm actually fairly vanilla. 

11 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Right SP I know you absolutely live for this but I’m giving you fair warning once the tide drops to 0.8kts ( around 1500) I’m out of here, up till then I’ll easy keep the boredom at bay but from then you are on your own. Or you can follow peds around, Just prepare yourself for that ok. 

Sorry, but it is not a matter for joking here, I have been to fatalities on site, to the aftermath of them, lived through the consequences because people were being careful what they reported, didn't want to upset things, walking away was the easiest option at the time.

If something is not right, it needs reporting, to prevent further occurrences. Whether this is someone being unsafe with machinery or whether this is the public enabling an abuser. It needs noting. It needs stopping. Trump has a chequered past and has had dubious friends, if no one reports widely what he has done he will keep doing the same, keep getting away with it, pardon himself. This is the same with any health, safety or safeguarding issue.

The attitude that 'be careful what you post' because of your work is plain wrong. Not something to be dropped with a quip.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Sorry, but it is not a matter for joking here, I have been to fatalities on site, to the aftermath of them, lived through the consequences because people were being careful what they reported, didn't want to upset things, walking away was the easiest option at the time.

If something is not right, it needs reporting, to prevent further occurrences. Whether this is someone being unsafe with machinery or whether this is the public enabling an abuser. It needs noting. It needs stopping. Trump has a chequered past and has had dubious friends, if no one reports widely what he has done he will keep doing the same, keep getting away with it, pardon himself. This is the same with any health, safety or safeguarding issue.

The attitude that 'be careful what you post' because of your work is plain wrong. Not something to be dropped with a quip.

Dry your eyes and climb down off your moral soapbox. 

I'm sure it'd be a hugely important issue were it to involve anyone else, but because it concerns the God Emperor of their cult, it can be nonchalantly swept under the rug.

Which is a real pity. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Steven P said:

So is that your attitude? It isn't important enough to be an issue? We shouldn't report and confront when we see it happening?

'Climb down'?

What have you seen 🤷‍♂️proof proof proof that’s what you need, seems we are back to that simple fact again.

27 minutes ago, peds said:

I'm sure it'd be a hugely important issue were it to involve anyone else, but because it concerns the God Emperor of their cult, it can be nonchalantly swept under the rug.

Which is a real pity. 

Same for peds you old sleaze 

proof or facts not just ridiculous political bias. Same as I asked you many times before  put up the proof 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

What have you seen 🤷‍♂️proof proof proof that’s what you need, seems we are back to that simple fact again.

Look back at your recent posts before you edit them and I think that will show your attitude. When I say Health, safety and safeguarding are important issues, you send back a quip. When I say that calling out any unsafe behaviours is important, I am told to climb down from my moral soap box.

That is showing your attitude to very clearly. I am thankful I don't ever have to work with you professionally if that is how your mind works with reporting any safety issue.

• Haha 1