Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 hours ago, Steven P said:

That's a fairly honest assessment, I wouldn't fall out with anyone over the Brexit vote but I do think the benefits outweigh the possibility of an invasion of Bulgarians - I do believe that most people will live in the country they are born in and the numbers quoted at the time (by Farage) to suggest millions heading this way were well off the mark. However clever media presence from him lead many to believe this. Noting that the countries he quoted are still well away from EU membership.

We do agree on the immigration thing though, Farage is focussing too much on the desperate 20 or 30k crossing the channel on small boats and the 1.2 million government authorised immigrants (then we take off the 500k who emigrate) - the ones "coming to steal our jobs" are a much bigger problem - making concrete cancer. Cut that right back, housing supply will improve, energy security will improve, job prospects for the young will improve. However immigration is not a factor of Brexit else this number would be a lot lower, it never was - we always had a say in who could settle here from outside the EU (EU immigration numbers have dropped, outside the EU (we always controlled that) have risen)

The vast majority of those crossing the channel are not desperate. 

• Like 2

Duh... cannot prosecute a US President, they will just pardon themselves and get away free... which is what Trump is banking on in November (3 more criminal court cases around the corner for him so far)...  So if there is a credible case (which I doubt.. but will be happy to be corrected) then watch this space about 2 years after he has left office. Trump is not the president and is unable to pardon himself. Hs past criminal activities can catch up with him.

You should pay more attention to how the world works.

Biden, what crime do you think he is above the law on? And what evidence do you have apart from the word of a convicted criminal?

Going up another post, Farage, for a city trader he has no clue on finances does he? Cut all those taxes, he will still need to fund society and the increases he proposes... which will hit the average to high earners... or is he just playing true to form and is just relishing the media spotlight on him with no substance to what he says.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Farage is a joke, always has been, never knows if he wants a shit or a haircut, vile little man.

Looks suspiciously like he knew the thrower of milkshake and used it to gain publicity, but he won't lift a finger to help if she gets fined I bet!

• Like 3