Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, peds said:

No, nothing I have ever typed, either on these boards or elsewhere on the Internet, in either recent history or past, could have ever given that impression, and I'm honestly perplexed as to how you could have ever taken that as a meaning. The mind is boggled. 

lol thats one of your little gang out to support you. Eloquent BS as usual. 
But  still no answer as usual  Brexit well that’s the democratic process I’m afraid  😂 

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

Farage is the most significant insignificant failed politician there is. He alone isn't responsible for Brexit but his constant focus for it, his media presence and tenacity gave a very public face to the thinking of the right wing of the Conservative Party. To please them Cameron held the Brexit vote, but it would ever have got that far without the mouthpiece. The Conservative MPs were never as vocal as Farage on the TV, radio or papers. It is true he didn't cause Brexit, it is the idiots who voted for it, but he was one of the main causes that the vote was held in the first place.

A mistake that will take generations to 'fix' and return to some of the safeguards the EU has put in place for Europe, to allow free movement of goods and people (noting that works both ways, can't argue at passport control when we are queuing to go on our holidays) and all because of some fallacy that we don't actually like the Belgians. Thinking here things like the working time directives where truck drivers hours were limited (and doctors), we were limited to 40 hour weeks (anything over is voluntary), and so on. Trade, and our standards were all aligned allowing goods to move without checks and free trade to happen. 

I’ll send you some tissues. 
Just a little heads up in regards the job I’m on at the moment. Contract was won by a EU based firm but because it’s inside the 12 mile zone it has to be UK guys doing the work. Prior to Brexit we would have the scenario and often did of this being done by EU guys. So there are winners and losers on both sides, for me and the teams here it’s a sweet 20k a month gig curtesy of the “ idiots as they have been called” who voted to leave the warm safe embrace of our saviours in Brussels. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

But  still no answer as usual  Brexit well that’s the democratic process I’m afraid  😂 

Answer to what? A question that didn't exist? 

4 hours ago, peds said:

He's right up there all right, he's responsible for some colossal changes that will take generations to fix, if they ever do. 

That question that doesn’t exist you mean 😂

This is a bit like SP and his selective memory loss on another thread. 

2 hours ago, peds said:

This is yet another example of why arguing with you is ultimately a pointless exercise. The words you read on a screen seem to be in no way connected to those written by whoever you are talking to. They just seem to drop their context somewhere down the tubes between one's fingers and your eyes. I guess it makes life significantly easier for you if everything says what you want it to, but man, it sure makes communication frustrating. 

Yet you both carry on regardless, why waste your time?

If one of you said the sun was flat the other would argue about it for 5 pages

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I’ll send you some tissues. 
Just a little heads up in regards the job I’m on at the moment. Contract was won by a EU based firm but because it’s inside the 12 mile zone it has to be UK guys doing the work. Prior to Brexit we would have the scenario and often did of this being done by EU guys. So there are winners and losers on both sides, for me and the teams here it’s a sweet 20k a month gig curtesy of the “ idiots as they have been called” who voted to leave the warm safe embrace of our saviours in Brussels. 

So long as you are all sorted then that makes the world good.

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

That question that doesn’t exist you mean 😂

This is a bit like SP and his selective memory loss on another thread. 

Ah yeah, I already answered that from my alternative account. 

31 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

If one of you said the sun was flat the other would argue about it for 5 pages

I mean, has anyone ever been to the sun to really prove it? All we have to go on is what the MSM and Big Science have been telling us, no doubt to make their money from untested and unproven SunScream sales...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, peds said:

He's right up there all right, he's responsible for some colossal changes that will take generations to fix, if they ever do. 

10 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Ok then, Enlighten us all to what colossal changes that will take generations to fix were you saying he was responsible for ??. 

peds you have been very negative about Farage, but seem unwilling to offer an honest and straightforward explanation of your thinking - Johnson asked a reasonable question

9 hours ago, Steven P said:

Farage is the most significant insignificant failed politician there is. He alone isn't responsible for Brexit but his constant focus for it, his media presence and tenacity gave a very public face to the thinking of the right wing of the Conservative Party. To please them Cameron held the Brexit vote, but it would ever have got that far without the mouthpiece. The Conservative MPs were never as vocal as Farage on the TV, radio or papers. It is true he didn't cause Brexit, it is the idiots who voted for it, but he was one of the main causes that the vote was held in the first place.

A mistake that will take generations to 'fix' and return to some of the safeguards the EU has put in place for Europe, to allow free movement of goods and people (noting that works both ways, can't argue at passport control when we are queuing to go on our holidays) and all because of some fallacy that we don't actually like the Belgians. Thinking here things like the working time directives where truck drivers hours were limited (and doctors), we were limited to 40 hour weeks (anything over is voluntary), and so on. Trade, and our standards were all aligned allowing goods to move without checks and free trade to happen. 

I was one of the idiots who voted for Brexit - even though my Mum lives in France and the exit has made it more difficult for them to stay there and travel back to UK, we didn't fall out over it, but she did fall out with a UK friend of hers who voted leave.

Immigration is the only reason for me, although net migration is still way too high under the Tories post brexit, my appraisal of the situation is that without Brexit we would be another overspill housing estate for all the poor countries that have joined the EU. Horrible human nests are spreading across our once beautiful countryside like a concrete cancer.

I read Farage wants to limit it to 600k in - minus the est 500k UK residents who emigrate, to leave a net increase of only 100k, much better than the recent 600k pop increases of the past few years.

Farage said if limiting working visas means there arent enough care workers and farm workers, then wages and costs will have to go up to fill those jobs.

The land and environment is all there is - when a species with opposable thumb and forefinger dominates to the tune of 8bn it has the same effect as a plague of locusts - Farage is rightly reaching for the bug spray

• Like 4