Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Can’t wait for Labour to get back in power. Here’s a sample of what we’re likely to get from them- Labour MP Peter Dowd as tabled a motion for all workers to be entitled to a 32hour, 4 day week and 1.5 times hourly rate for overtime😳. All at a time when there aren’t enough workers for jobs and companies are struggling as it is. Unlikely to get a passed because the Tories do currently have the majority but what would happen if Labour get in🤔. That’s just one shit idea and Labour have lots more. Guess what Dowd is the MP for Bootle😳now there’s a surprise!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big J said:

That's Braveman gone now. The first of many? 

Seems like Truss is getting closer and closer to the end.

Do you remember the days when even the suggestion of a military coup would have you banged up in the tin foil hat happy house?

”Unprecedented” is a word that has undergone an unprecedented usage rate over the past 3-4 years and has kind of lost its mystique and sparkle. 

Military coup - remember where you heard it first. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Do you remember the days when even the suggestion of a military coup would have you banged up in the tin foil hat happy house?

”Unprecedented” is a word that has undergone an unprecedented usage rate over the past 3-4 years and has kind of lost its mystique and sparkle. 

Military coup - remember where you heard it first. 

Military coup here in the UK? Absolutely no chance.

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Who wouldn’t? 

The proletariat??

Wait and see what happens when they get hungry. 

Seen it here in North Staffordshire with my own eyes, ‘they’ are already hungry, no military intervention going on. When do you predict it’s coming?

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

See attached. 

Coincidence?

Unprecedented?

FFBF5305-EC18-44EF-BE15-8B88B970D9EE.jpeg

To be fair, I don’t know him, probably a right chinless wonder and the banter that is starting to fly around in the responses is like - military coup? The army can’t even organise food and accommodation for the troops. 

All I’m saying is, I don’t think it’s ‘out of the question’ as of today, yet 3 years ago you’d have called me a madman for even mentioning it. 

Anyway, can’t hang around chatting with you, I’m off to dig my CBA out of the garage. 

• Haha 1