Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

41 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Let's get this right, what Mark does/likes determines what you do/watch. Nothing as queer as folk.

His rank hypocrisy and blind hatred for anything Tory is a good indicator that if he’s liked a politically charged post it’s going to reflect heavily on either his rank hypocrisy or his blind hatred for the Tories. I’ve no interest in watching something that he approves of any more than he does with watching someone I approve of. 

Meals for 30p/day, not allegedly, what he said in the commons. So, so far detached.

Ashfield Conservative MP Lee Anderson claimed "generation after generation" of people in his constituency "cannot...

9 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Meals for 30p/day, not allegedly, what he said in the commons. So, so far detached.

Ashfield Conservative MP Lee Anderson claimed "generation after generation" of people in his constituency "cannot...

Do you agree or disagree with his comments Eggs? 
“Sparks fury” amongst which part of the community exactly? The pizza munching, inept ****************whits that can’t budget or cook food from scratch perhaps🙄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Commando said:

“Sparks fury” amongst which part of the community exactly? The pizza munching, inept ****************whits that can’t budget or cook food from scratch perhaps🙄

I disagree, you (I) couldn't cook a single meal from scratch for 30 pence, a bog standard cheese omelette costs more than 30 pence before you've fired up the hob to cook it.

He sparked fury from both sides of the house. 

He's talking complete and utter bollox.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Commando said:

Disgraceful post.

Absolutely true of course

• Like 3

I disagree, you (I) couldn't cook a single meal from scratch for 30 pence, a bog standard cheese omelette costs more than 30 pence before you've fired up the hob to cook it.

Lidl Eggs are 7.9p each. Two of them, a sprinkling of cheese and a slice of toast will be near enough 30p, might even factor in the heating costs. Beggars can’t be choosers and there is plenty of self imposed beggars in the UK. Roosters are finally coming home to roost.

Better yet squire some chickens. Rescue hens are as little as a quid each and often free. Feed them scraps and you have endless free eggs. I’ve about 8 a day just now and we eat maybe 2. Cost me virtually nothing.

We seriously need to stop apologising for the lazy, inept and feckless that we have bred in the UK. They need to die out, one way or the other.
  • Like 4

What it was on the Daily Mirrors part was once again selective inflammatory reporting. Most of what he said was possibly right.
I would hazard a guess (based on my own observations) that a significant chunk of the population cannot make a decent meal from scratch using fresh produce.
As we’ve discussed many times in here over the years and is now (given the global crisis) compounded, people lack the ability to prioritise or budget…. That’s a fact! And as long as the woke libtards continue to stick their heads in the sand and not address the issue… we will remain fooked!
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Lidl Eggs are 7.9p each. Two of them, a sprinkling of cheese and a slice of toast will be near enough 30p, might even factor in the heating costs. Beggars can’t be choosers and there is plenty of self imposed beggars in the UK. Roosters are finally coming home to roost.

Better yet squire some chickens. Rescue hens are as little as a quid each and often free. Feed them scraps and you have endless free eggs. I’ve about 8 a day just now and we eat maybe 2. Cost me virtually nothing.

We seriously need to stop apologising for the lazy, inept and feckless that we have bred in the UK. They need to die out, one way or the other.

Feed them scraps from a 30 pence meal, get real. 

3 minutes ago, Commando said:

What it was on the Daily Mirrors part was once again selective inflammatory reporting. Most of what he said was possibly right.
I would hazard a guess (based on my own observations) that a significant chunk of the population cannot make a decent meal from scratch using fresh produce.
As we’ve discussed many times in here over the years and is now (given the global crisis) compounded, people lack the ability to prioritise or budget…. That’s a fact! And as long as the woke libtards continue to stick their heads in the sand and not address the issue… we will remain fooked!

I had Cheesy Chips the other night as I just fancied it. £1 for a bag of pre-cut chips, cheap grated cheddar was £2 and bread for those that wanted a butty. Cheap cheerful food. £3.40 for 5. 68p each. I imagine it would have been half that had I bought potato’s and peeled and chipped them myself and felt the urge to grate my own cheese. Back to near on 30p a meal. 

Pasta and tomato sauce? I bet that comes in at under 25p a head. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Commando said:

The Mirror was selective in its reporting. Do yourself a favour and watch exactly what he said and the response it got from both sides of the house.

We will never do away with the feral, feckless and long time useless, which I care not a jot about, but when working people are struggling to make ends meet it's time for change.

• Like 6