Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Youngstu said:

Ok, fair enough but it's always seemed that not answering direct questions is the way to go on here! 

Without being too specific I spent a fair few years in education but have spent well over half of it out in the real world, so I'm sure you can have a reasonable guess. 

FFS, it’s like trying to get a straight answer to a simple question from a LA (or Boris)

I bet you’re a throbber on a night out. 

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Ask me what you want, I'll either have an opinion, or throw my hands in and say I don't know.

Should I presume that you being in education means you were a student or a teacher/lecturer?

Can you see how vague things seem to be?

I suppose most people leave education at 16, 18 or 21 give or take a year or two. I was in until the upper end of that so that should help you to estimate the lower end of my age bracket. Not too difficult I'd have thought.

When you made a comment alluding to seeing little or no diversity around you I asked "where" it took a couple of goes for you to give an answer as specific as a small village or town (or something like that). Hardly a straight answer! 

13 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Is it freedom of opinion and speech in general than you rail against or is it just opinions that differ from your own that you find so difficult to digest?

I'm all for freedom of speech and opinion, as long as the person voicing that opinion is willing to be clear about what they're saying and happy to explain what they mean and why they say it.

If they are unwilling to put their feelings  into black and white, making it crystal clear what they are really saying then I think it's reasonable to push the matter. If someone displays intolerance in what they're saying but they won't say exactly what they mean, personally I feel it indicates that they know that those views are unacceptable to some of the audience. In effect a person doing that is displaying what they mean in politically correct terms in order not to cause offence!  

I find digesting the different opinions relatively easy but it doesn't mean they should just be ignored just  because the person who put forward that opinion disagrees with mine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

I suppose most people leave education at 16, 18 or 21 give or take a year or two. I was in until the upper end of that so that should help you to estimate the lower end of my age bracket. Not too difficult I'd have thought.

When you made a comment alluding to seeing little or no diversity around you I asked "where" it took a couple of goes for you to give an answer as specific as a small village or town (or something like that). Hardly a straight answer! 

Do you need me to explain where I live when it is clearly stated under my avatar?, unlike your profile. 

A top end joiner thought I lived, or was from Yorkshire. Why you both can't work this out is beyond me.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Do you need me to explain where I live when it is clearly stated under my avatar?, unlike your profile. 

A top end joiner thought I lived, or was from Yorkshire. Why you both can't work this out is beyond me.

Weirdly enough your actual location is of no interest to me and now having looked at your avatar and not knowing that end of the country I'm none the wiser without further investigation. My question was in response to a statement you made as the answer would in all likelihood explain your experience, if you'd said a big city it'd have been surprising. 

My previous point was that you don't give straight answers either, especially (as with myself) when the question appears to have little relevance. 

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

A top end joiner thought I lived, or was from Yorkshire.

Self titled with zero evidence to back that claim up. Apart from one post of him sanding a plank of wood and also another pic ripped off the internet and was happy to allow others to believe it was made by him. Even thanking people for their praise :D Some top Joiner. :D 

14 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Weirdly enough your actual location is of no interest to me and now having looked at your avatar and not knowing that end of the country I'm none the wiser without further investigation. My question was in response to a statement you made as the answer would in all likelihood explain your experience, if you'd said a big city it'd have been surprising. 

My previous point was that you don't give straight answers either, especially (as with myself) when the question appears to have little relevance. 

Why would you ask where I was based then?

You talk in riddles that are unanswerable, I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Why would you ask where I was based then?

You talk in riddles that are unanswerable, I'm afraid.

Maybe if you carefully read what I wrote you'll see that this question has already been answered. 

But if really needed I'll try and rephrase it to make it easier to understand. Just let me know and I'll get on my computer to make it easier for me  to copy the order of our comments correctly. ?

7 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Maybe if you carefully read what I wrote you'll see that this question has already been answered. 

But if really needed I'll try and rephrase it to make it easier to understand. Just let me know and I'll get on my computer to make it easier for me  to copy the order of our comments correctly. ?

Crack on, if I've asked the question before and you've answered it fully I'll throw my hands in.