Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

50 minutes ago, Mark J said:
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Boris Johnson has not walked away from trade talks - but says the EU must change direction to save them.

Newsflash: Boris Johnson fails to negotiate the easiest trade deal in history.

I truly hope he doesn’t give ground on the state aid issue if I have to explain to you why then you are indeed blinded by boris. As for fishing rights what the EU ie France and Spain are asking for is a total joke. 
Currently Mark  we are goosed being tied to EU, on your doorstep out of Blyth Dogger Bank windfarm etc how much of that is coming to the local economy ??? Nothing we can do about it under current EU regs . The famous windfarm that pissed trump off up off the coast of his golf course, at its peak 500 involved in its construction, 10 of which were Scottish, that’s a published fact again zero we can do about it under current regs. 
We both agree change is required is it not ??? 
You think by going hard left it will work I think better to adopt a hard nationalistic approach ie UK industry and workers first ?‍♂️?‍♂️I’m sure you will disagree. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

Just now, Johnsond said:

Aye mate marra like 

right wing commentators lol ? 

Just curious Mark what’s your company called ??. 
Whom got booted out ?? 
Me joining the forum coincided more with a return to milling and timber framing and the desire to improve my knowledge than the political scenario. 

I'm not suggesting you're one of them. I've noticed that there has been a trend towards the more vocal and aggressive defense of the right wing stance since around then, on all forums, not just this one.

What's your interest in my business?

I'm planning on getting to work with some land soon. Timber framing is something I know nothing about.

Arbtalk is a wicked resource.

Gan Canny.

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I truly hope he doesn’t give ground on the state aid issue if I have to explain to you why then you are indeed blinded by boris. As for fishing rights what the EU ie France and Spain are asking for is a total joke. 
Currently Mark  we are goosed being tied to EU, on your doorstep out of Blyth Dogger Bank windfarm etc how much of that is coming to the local economy ??? Nothing we can do about it under current EU regs . The famous windfarm that pissed trump off up off the coast of his golf course, at its peak 500 involved in its construction, 10 of which were Scottish, that’s a published fact again zero we can do about it under current regs. 
We both agree change is required is it not ??? 
You think by going hard left it will work I think better to adopt a hard nationalistic approach ie UK industry and workers first ?‍♂️?‍♂️I’m sure you will disagree. 

Not hard left. I've never been hard left. Left of centre at best. Probably right of centre on some things. Just because I believe in spreading the wealth and encouraging a culture of equality, I'm no Che Guerva.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

I'm not suggesting you're one of them. I've noticed that there has been a trend towards the more vocal and aggressive defense of the right wing stance since around then, on all forums, not just this one.

What's your interest in my business?

I'm planning on getting to work with some land soon. Timber framing is something I know nothing about.

Arbtalk is a wicked resource.

Gan Canny.

I’m in lynemouth soon, I’ve a half brother and a lot of mates I’m catching up with in NBS, I’d have caught up for a socially distance brew then you could make your own mind up if I’m the non pc tory you think I am. 
Business wise , just curious really to see what sort of stuff people do. Like when I told K my role offshore. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I’m in lynemouth soon, I’ve a half brother and a lot of mates I’m catching up with in NBS, I’d have caught up for a socially distance brew then you could make your own mind up if I’m the non pc tory you think I am. 
Business wise , just curious really to see what sort of stuff people do. Like when I told K my role offshore. 

I'm cool to meet up for a brew/pint, web-based communication has its flaws.

I spend my working days surveying trees and writing up the results of said surveys.
I was involved in contracting for fifteen years before getting into the clipboard business.

14 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Not hard left. I've never been hard left. Left of centre at best. Probably right of centre on some things. Just because I believe in spreading the wealth and encouraging a culture of equality, I'm no Che Guerva.

Equality is fine but spreading the wealth too often ends up in reality taking off those whom work hard to give to those who won’t. Getting back to a manufacturing and skills based economy is a start id say 

I like others on here don’t have all  the answers I’m  afraid. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Equality is fine but spreading the wealth too often ends up in reality taking off those whom work hard to give to those who won’t. Getting back to a manufacturing and skills based economy is a start id say 

I like others on here don’t have all  the answers I’m  afraid. 

I suppose that there's always a risk that someone is going to have to take the push out of things. Most people are fair.

Kickstarting a manufacturing based economy is going to take some serious investment and some time for it show a turnaround. I've no idea how that's on the cards. I saw those 'jackets' parked up in Jarrow, on the way up North. It staggers the imagination that we don't make them here. I had no idea that was the case, I'd assumed they'd been built here.

47 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Aye, there was in influx of right wing 'commentators' who joined arbtalk around brexit time and have hung around since then. There were some before but they eventually got booted out. Not that that there's anything wrong with that.

Who got booted out for being too right wing?

If someone got the elbow for being too outspoken and it wasn’t me I want names! ?

Note to self, must try harder!

Not hard Left Mark? You were a big fan of Corbyn though weren’t you? 

It could (quite easily I think) be argued that Corbyn was actually too hard Left for Labour - certainly the electorate. 

These are funny tags aren’t they - hard left / hard right etc. 

Some of my views are further ‘right’ than Tory, some pretty centre Left and even some extreme Green. No f*cking Lib Dem in this rainbow though ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Who got booted out for being too right wing?

If someone got the elbow for being too outspoken and it wasn’t me I want names! ?

Note to self, must try harder!

Not hard Left Mark? You were a big fan of Corbyn though weren’t you? 

It could (quite easily I think) be argued that Corbyn was actually too hard Left for Labour - certainly the electorate. 

These are funny tags aren’t they - hard left / hard right etc. 

Some of my views are further ‘right’ than Tory, some pretty centre Left and even some extreme Green. No f*cking Lib Dem in this rainbow though ?

There was two I can remember, I'm not sure they got the push, but they certainly don't post anymore. One was from Lancashire, the other from Scotland.