Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

To be fair Kev, he botbers to spell correctly.  Plus there are a few people  on here with quite  a lot of spare time on their hands. Also, some who delight on being contentious, hence my handbag notifications, a few are just foaming at the mouth swivel eyed loons with an axe to grind, if their medication for their back pain has worn off -  i would just ban those fr a bit.  Happily,  Arb n For seem to be taking off economically a bit more now so we may see fewer posts like this.  K

Not sure if too much time K my normal working day depending on which shift is approx 13-14-hrs 7 days a week for however long the project lasts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Youngstu said:

I fully agree, every group does seem to be ticked in cases like this to the point of it being ridiculous.

However part of me feels that this is also is being done because of how things have been for so long where the vast majority of people in any positive position have been white, male and straight. With anyone who doesn't fit those criteria being sidelined to minor roles, or in many cases joke figures (or worse). You don't have to go back very long to find this across the tv and simply changing the current "quotas" to the current national statistics wouldn't solve the problems. 

What problems  ??? 
Tell me what is wrong with being white and straight ???. Does this not represent the vast majority of what we as a country are ?? 
I’m lining myself up for yet another long long PC broadcast but hey ho. 
You might want to take a look at other countries around the world, possibly try spending some time in them. You will find the UK is a very very tolerant society with none of the overt racism you find often between cultures around the world. Many non white I may add. 

• Like 5

I wonder how young youndstu actually is....

Writes like straight out of school still full of the PC BS that passes for education these days. 

Go on Stu, tell us you’re a knarly 80yo globe trotting adventurer with a vast and far ranging portfolio of life experiences as a foundation for your opinion. 

(are you old enough to recognise your chain being yanked?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnsond said:

You’d have been better off spending the time you spent writing this first thing this morning on doing something productive like giving the mrs some half term morning attention. You are trying to be as PC as it’s possible to be. I’m no bully  it’s just the long long dialogues you spout are excruciating. 

Just one of those who wakes up at stupid o'clock and thought it'd be a (debatably) productive use of my time challenging some of your insults and accusations. 

Your repeated belittling of any opinion that's different to yours involving an assortment of insults would easily be construed as bullying as it's clearly done to shut down the conversation and appeal to the others that share your point of view. 

4 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Just one of those who wakes up at stupid o'clock and thought it'd be a (debatably) productive use of my time challenging some of your insults and accusations. 

Your repeated belittling of any opinion that's different to yours involving an assortment of insults would easily be construed as bullying as it's clearly done to shut down the conversation and appeal to the others that share your point of view. 

Don’t be such a wet blanket. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:

You are so so wrong in many regards. On a day to day basis I work with a multitude of nationalities, I’ve worked in the Middle and Far East, Africa and throughout Europe etc. There are good and bad everywhere I can assure you. I’m not racist in any way shape or form,  What does my head in is blatant ott  Political correctness to the point of stupidity. 

If this is the case why do you give the impression of having an issue with diversity in this country, or at least it's representation?  It comes across as being ok with it, as long as it's not here! 

Exaggeration of levels of diversity (compared to what is seen where we live) is not necessarily an exaggeration for everyone, so why is this political correctness? And if political correctness is what is said or done to try and avoid insulting and upsetting those who may have experienced poor treatment due to their differences what's the problem with that? 

28 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

If this is the case why do you give the impression of having an issue with diversity in this country, or at least it's representation?  It comes across as being ok with it, as long as it's not here! 

Exaggeration of levels of diversity (compared to what is seen where we live) is not necessarily an exaggeration for everyone, so why is this political correctness? And if political correctness is what is said or done to try and avoid insulting and upsetting those who may have experienced poor treatment due to their differences what's the problem with that? 

As I predicted a full on ultra woke PC reply. Seriously bud give yourself a shake or read back  over some of the stuff you preach. Regarding use of time in the  morning if the mrs won’t play ball I’d rather have a cup of tea, ( White 1 ) and a slice of toast, only lightly done of course not too brown eh ?, than waffle on about misinterpretation, rights or wrongs of advertising and it’s supposed effects on target audiences by putting interracial lesbian couples on TV blah blah 
Jokes aside you don’t half live in PC land. Me thinks you take yourself and your beige beliefs too seriously.

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1