Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

How long do you think the country can afford to sit at home doing bugger all for?
In an ideal world we should have had total lockdown for a month and killed it off but it’s just not possible 

I've no idea. If a business isn't viable during or post-pandemic, then it should probably be looking for a job that is.
We keep getting told we're a rich country. Let's spend some money.

It's no longer possible to 'kill it off'  because we failed to act on the warnings.

They're on about opening up schools for reception age kids. Do you think that social distancing of children is a plausible thing? Would you send your kids back to school? Many people live in households with 'vulnerable' people. I doubt many people would be happy if it was found that their kid was the vector that caused the untimely death of his teacher's Dad.

Latest advice seems to be:

Go to work unless you can't go to work
Use your car unless you can't use your car
Don't use public transport unless you have to use public transport
Stay at home, but you can go out unlimited times
Things might reopen unless they don't
We're past the peak but we're not
We're in a new phase now unless we aren't
Things are different unless it turns out they are the same

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mark J said:

image.png.ccef533131872138f7960910c1baefcb.png

Exactly this - herd immunity is what we need (the only current way of getting through Corona in a free-market open border society).
However herd immunity can’t be referred to or offered up as a mechanism for dealing with the virus due to press scaremongering and point-scoring opposition even though the actual death rate of the virus is pretty much fuck all (unless you are about to die of something else anyway). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Exactly this - herd immunity is what we need (the only current way of getting through Corona in a free-market open border society).
However herd immunity can’t be referred to or offered up as a mechanism for dealing with the virus due to press scaremongering and point-scoring opposition even though the actual death rate of the virus is pretty much fuck all (unless you are about to die of something else anyway). 

You might be right there.
They shot themselves in the foot by backtracking on the herd immunity thing.
Everyone heard the gov say that it was their preferred way to deal with it, but then, when approval ratings fell to < normal,  they denied that it was ever a plan.
If they'd stood their ground they may have fronted it.

Edited by Mark J
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mark J said:

Everyone heard the gov say that it was their preferred way to deal with it, but then, when approval ratings fell to < normal,  they denied that it was ever a plan.

Lord God Mark,

make your mind up, you, along with the rest of the usual suspects,  would have absolutely cruicifed Boris and the Conservative party for murdering millions of innocents , IF they had went ahead with their herd immunity plan.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mark J said:

Jesus Mark you talk some absolute rubbish ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️
you never do anything other than slag off tories, yet now you claim they should of stuck with the herd immunity, something you slagged off big time. Quite frankly the soft shite comments from Starmer about people now being scared, and Sturgeon saying she didn’t understand what the slogan meant are absolutely pathetic. Spend money !!!! Are you nuts bud have you seen what this is costing on a daily basis. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Mark J said:

I've no idea. If a business isn't viable during or post-pandemic, then it should probably be looking for a job that is.
We keep getting told we're a rich country. Let's spend some money.

It's no longer possible to 'kill it off'  because we failed to act on the warnings.

They're on about opening up schools for reception age kids. Do you think that social distancing of children is a plausible thing? Would you send your kids back to school? Many people live in households with 'vulnerable' people. I doubt many people would be happy if it was found that their kid was the vector that caused the untimely death of his teacher's Dad.

Latest advice seems to be:

Go to work unless you can't go to work
Use your car unless you can't use your car
Don't use public transport unless you have to use public transport
Stay at home, but you can go out unlimited times
Things might reopen unless they don't
We're past the peak but we're not
We're in a new phase now unless we aren't
Things are different unless it turns out they are the same

Pathetic juvenile politically driven response. 
The actions the government are taking are along the same  lines of many of the European countries easing restrictions and attempting to find a work round of the issues the virus raises. If the reopening of construction sites etc in England can give me the opportunity to earn and support my family I will be making a move whilst obeying social distancing and staying alert to the hazards around me, it’s not hard to do ?‍♂️. Sturgeon can kiss my arse with her attempts to hang onto the control this giver her. The me me me i i I affair that her briefings have become are sickening. The NHS is operating well within capacity throughout the UK with nightingale facilities built and ready. 
The lockdown is not a lockdown in any way shape or form either in England, Scotland or any other home  nation. Loads of businesses and companies are working and rightly so.  Currently I qualify for nothing off no one so will take whatever opportunity I can to earn. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Jesus Mark you talk some absolute rubbish ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️
you never do anything other than slag off tories, yet now you claim they should of stuck with the herd immunity, something you slagged off big time. Quite frankly the soft shite comments from Starmer about people now being scared, and Sturgeon saying she didn’t understand what the slogan meant are absolutely pathetic. Spend money !!!! Are you nuts bud have you seen what this is costing on a daily basis. 

It is worrying that there is an awful lot of allegedly bright people running the governments (and plenty behind the scenes) that can’t understand “stay alert”

• Like 2