Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

43 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Agreed, The UK is a big place to get lost in though. Although he’s young he’s had training in the Armed Forces. He’d got the head to get out with no assistance from outside, surely the idea would then to stay out. Old dogs and new tricks springs to mind.

He was in the Signals, i very much doubt he’s ever had any EE training or a great deal of actual soldering as such.Tech was his thing not fieldcraft.  People are getting carried away with the whole “ military training “ thing. Completing basic training doesn’t make you some  sort of ninja warrior/James bond type of character nor does it bless with the ability to be invisible. 

• Like 5

On 31/07/2023 at 00:16, Mark Bolam said:

God knows Mick, it doesn’t make sense really.

There aren’t really any black pumas, so I’d rule that out.

Probably got to 50/60m away but I gunned the Tranny to get closer and it slipped into a hedge. Long tail. But this was way bigger than a domestic cat.

Our Benny is a big black cat, 4’ when I stretch him out, but this was way bigger.

I’m a country lad, know most animals and spend a lot of time outdoors, always have done.

I’m pretty good at identifying what’s what.

We turned up at the job and mentioned it to the client.

He didn’t bat an eyelid, and said ‘Yes, there’s a few round here’.

We are pretty close to a few big zoos here, Port Lympne and Howletts, and a few Big Cat sanctuaries, but they’re pretty hot on escapees.

They lost an Ocelot a few years ago, but they denied it until a farmer shot it and they had to fess up.

They are more honest these days.

The previous story about a keeper knowing he was being stalked rings true as well.

Two keepers down here had exactly the same thing, they were shitting themselves, and aren’t exactly shrinking violet types.

There was a big thing in the ‘70’s after the new wild animal act where people released ‘big cats’ because they knew they’d be destroyed because the zoos couldn’t take them all.

I think there were a fair few running around then.

Most probably died pretty quickly.

Even if they did adapt, their natural lifespan isn’t that long.

Did they breed?

Pretty unlikely I reckon.

Big cats?

There was one in Kent that I saw 15 years ago for certain.

I’d trust my mates back home as to what they saw as well.

Just because you haven’t seen one doesn’t make it. conspiracy theory rubbish.

WWW.ISLANDECHO.CO.UK

Numerous reports were made in Isle of Wight newspapers of sightings of big cats in September 1983. A supposed sighting of what was described as a 'puma' was made by a Leslie Jelley of...

We’re you over here on the sauce 40yr ago mr bolam?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AMP.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Novak Djokovic was too good for his Russian opponent after he won the US Open for a fourth time on...

That must have been a hard one for certain people over there to swallow. The irony that Moderna was the tournament sponsor and he also won the “ shot of the day “ award I’d imagine won’t be lost on those who vilified him. The guy showed more character and balls during that period of lunacy than any of those in positions of power for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

On the anniversary of the Iraq invasion there's much Tony Blair can and will be blamed for...

Before I get collared, yeah the article is a few month old but listening to radio 4 on the way to the dentist this morning it was Blair being interviewed regarding the same subject. The man is literally shameless. 

• Like 3