Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

I agree with all of that. The French have a history of toppling their leaders, is that something you think we should be doing? If we did, who should we call upon to govern us?

No Mark whilst the protests do stir up a lot of attention I’d say the idea of full on anarchy is not that appealing,  I’ve no  idea who we should call on but democracy is as they say the least worst option etc. The current bunch running things are poor that’s for sure and the full on profit at all cost capitalist model is most definitely not working out too well I’d say, at least not here in the UK as we seem to have low tax capitalism for some individuals and businesses at the very top but high tax and stifling regs etc for those small to medium size business and self employed at the bottom or anyone trying to make something of their lives. Im starting to see a lot of good hard working lads start to wonder wtf is the point at the min with current levels of taxation and costs etc. The BOE answer to this is looking like a very poor solution right now too. Think it’s time to buy some more kit rather than have money sitting around, or a few sovereigns pikey style 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

APPLE.NEWS

The newly elected leader of the Scottish National Party Humza Yousaf said Britain had no right to...

Excellent news for unionists up here, a classic case of utter incompetence being no barrier to progression nowadays. Let him pursue the lunacy that  helped bring down Sturgeon, and see where it gets him with the silent majority of NORMAL people. 

• Like 3

Whilst I agree that it bodes well for the Union, I fear the fu**wit will only serve to run the country further into the ground based on his record so far, at a time when we need sensible leadership.

I never thought I'd say this but maybe the country will see sense and vote in Labour at the next election - they can't be that much worse than the current holders of power in these parts?

Another disappointing thing is that I suspect that Yousaf's govt will be more inclined to paper over the cracks that NS left behind, whereas maybe Forbes might have opened some of them up a bit further.  Time will tell.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, waterbuoy said:

Whilst I agree that it bodes well for the Union, I fear the fu**wit will only serve to run the country further into the ground based on his record so far, at a time when we need sensible leadership.

I never thought I'd say this but maybe the country will see sense and vote in Labour at the next election - they can't be that much worse than the current holders of power in these parts?

Another disappointing thing is that I suspect that Yousaf's govt will be more inclined to paper over the cracks that NS left behind, whereas maybe Forbes might have opened some of them up a bit further.  Time will tell.

Without doubt he will try and protect her so called legacy, he’s held and utterly ****************ed up in several roles under her reign so in reality has no choice but to try and carry the mantle so to speak. You’re right I think Forbes would have let the truth about many things come  out. 

Edited by Johnsond

Russia take their turn presiding over the business of the UN Security Council today.

Whilst actively engaged in war in Ukraine and whilst Putin has an arrest warrant from the Hague against him for war crimes, they take Presidency at the United Nations.

There's still a flicker of hope for humanity though as other UN members like the USA, France and UK will 'probably' be represented by a less important dignitary for the duration of Russia's lead. That'll show them.

Apparently it's not planned at all but a complete coincidence that this happens on April 1st.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1